Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-2003, 03:27 PM   #61
Annatar
Mephistopheles

About the bonusses for Statistics, do the following.

Step for Step Tutorial

1. Go to equipping effects
2. Go to XXXX Bonus (where XXXX is the Stat name)
3. Timing Mode: While Equipped
4. Effect Time: Zero (0)
5. Probability: 0 - 100%, Target: Self
6: Resource Key: , Power: 0
7. Dice Throws: 0 D 0
8. Saving Throw: No Saving Throw
9. Saving Throw Bonus: 0
10. Attributes: Not Dispellable & Bypass Resistence
11. Unknown: 0 0 0 0
12. Edit Parameters:
Statistic Modifier: -XXX +XXX (where XXX is the modifier count, example +4 or -4)
Modifier Type:
0: The Statistic Modifier points are count up by the existing Statistics (increase or decrease of the Stat, like Statistic Modifier 4, Charisma is 15 + 4 = 19)
1: The Statistic Modifier points are now the Statistic (example, Charisma is 15, Statistic Modifier is 10, Charisma becomes 10 while equipped)
2: The Statistic Modifier becomes XXX. % to the Statistic (example, Charisma is 14, Statistic Modifier is 50%, charisma becomes 7, the total value is halved)

Is this sufficient enough Sir Goulum...? If not take a look at Sortaghion (here), it penalizes the wielders Con with -2 and Dex -2.
Old 04-27-2003, 03:36 PM   #62
Sir Goulum
John Locke

I'll try that, Annatar! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2003, 04:03 PM   #63
Azred
Drow Priestess

Question Mark

Effect #189, spell speed factor, is used to lower the time required to cast a spell; for an example, look at "wa2robe.itm", the ever-popular Robe of Vecna.
Effect #188, increase spellcasting speed, is what you need to cast multiple spells per round, seen in "spwi921.spl", Improved Alacrity.

As always, set the probability to 100%, effect on Self, timing mode of "while equipped", etc. [img]graemlins/petard.gif[/img]

Take another look at the Staff of the Magi and the spell Protection from Evil to get the effect just right. What seems to be the difficulty?

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2003, 05:18 PM   #64
Vedran
Lord Soth

The problem:
The Staff of the Magi in pure vanilla BG2SoA doesn't grant Prot from Evil. YOu need to Baldurdash the game.
My game is not Baldurdashed at the moment. That's why made this unforgivable mistake [img]graemlins/idontagreeatall.gif[/img] . If you have Baldurdash, you can copy those effects I have listed to your item. Otherwise, copy them from the Sensate Amulet or the spell Prot from Evil.
Vedran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2003, 05:31 PM   #65
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

I'm having some trouble with resistances. I'm making a suit of armor with elemental protections, but for some reason they won't go into effect. I think the reason is, is because of the modifiers. The directions are a little confusing so can someone clear it up for me?
Gangrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2003, 06:22 PM   #66
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Quote:
Originally posted by Azred:
Effect #189, spell speed factor, is used to lower the time required to cast a spell; for an example, look at "wa2robe.itm", the ever-popular Robe of Vecna.
Effect #188, increase spellcasting speed, is what you need to cast multiple spells per round, seen in "spwi921.spl", Improved Alacrity.

As always, set the probability to 100%, effect on Self, timing mode of "while equipped", etc. [img]graemlins/petard.gif[/img]

Take another look at the Staff of the Magi and the spell Protection from Evil to get the effect just right. What seems to be the difficulty?
I *finally* got the Prot. from Evil thing to work, but I still can't get the -2 to Charisma and -1 to strength thing to work. I tried what Annatar said, but it still doesn't seem to work...
Old 04-27-2003, 07:39 PM   #67
Thorfinn
Zhentarim Guard

Annatar, your katana needs more than just the .itm file. You also need to bundle the descriptions. You can either bundle it into a .TBG file with IEEP, or better yet, make it installable with WeiDU. (The --automate feature will make this easy.)
Thorfinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 09:11 AM   #68
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

Click Here To get a text document describing the items i wish to add to the store, just remember that I can't actually modify these items outside of NWN because I don't have baldurs Gate, but I'd like to participate... here's a quick description of the items so you don't have to bother downloading them (Unless you're name should be Annatar)

These items and many more can be accessed from this NWN module You can nab the items + a full body outfit, ranged weapon, ammunition, and a working NWN chess game with them.

OR

NWN Players can acess the Scythe and book, alone, as .erf files from here and import them into their modules

These are the items themselves (Minus the book's contents)

FIRST ITEM:

Item type: Scythe / Polearm / Exotic Click Here for a picture

Name: The Shimashigashi (Name represents the sound of metal slicing air in a combination attack)

Appearance: Bronze, straight handel, no encrusted jewels or fancy parts, just an ordinary looking scythe that's made of bronze.

Stats:

Enhancement Bonus +5
Keen
Regeneration Vampiric + 4

Description:

"This scythe was produced for the soul purpose of use against an army of light warriors in the bronze age, it has since existed, still seemingly indestructable though crafted from bronze, it glows an evil glow which was placed on it by the dark necromancers who used it to crush amassing soldiers, it once was even said to have gone under the ownership of Cigotuvi, the great death sorcerer, though many beleive these claims to be just rumors... The scythe itself grants the user incredible skill in its use even if they are not a good pole-arm using fighter, or even a fighter, it's magics seep deep into one's blood and even force the heart to seem to palipitate in time with the blade's swinging...

NEXT ITEM:

Item type: Book

Name: The Halcyon Neko Knights Seasons I - III

Appearance: an old worthless looking torn up book

Stats:

Cast Spell : Greater Planar Binding, Once A Day

Description of item:

This tome was forged by the keepers of knowledge in the ancient days when the world was first becoming created, though many such stories are regarded as fantasy, this one holds evidence of things beyond our grasping of understanding. How can people from the begining of time say, "history repeats itself"? Perhaps the true content of this book is beyond our grasp, but it is a good thing to be sure to read, as it may help us to understand the world around us a little better, if not provide us with some personal information of the goings-on of people from ancient times. It follows the story of a group of young warriors who are accompanied by this wizard, who seems evil when described but acts nothing like it, his own skills are frightening, almost god-like, and he speaks in tounges which can't even be understood today, the second section follows the life of his son, and the third part, though the shortest, provides the greatest climax to the plot of the story, this isn't one of those books you want to read-ahead in, as the story could be too easily spoiled that way. Dive into shi book and enjoy. The story was written by the ancient manga-ka, Shinokai, in 01 W.E., whatever time period that may be...

- The book itself is too big to post here so I just gave you the description, the full book is on the text at the top link -

[ 04-29-2003, 09:35 AM: Message edited by: /)eathKiller ]
/)eathKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 10:05 AM   #69
Azred
Drow Priestess

Question Mark

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Goulum:
I *finally* got the Prot. from Evil thing to work, but I still can't get the -2 to Charisma and -1 to strength thing to work. I tried what Annatar said, but it still doesn't seem to work...
Effect #6, Charisma Bonus, with timing mode of "while equipped", target of "self", probability of 100%, no saving throw, statistic modifier of -2, and modifier type of 0.

Worst cast scenario, send me the .itm file and I'll take a look at it. [img]graemlins/petard.gif[/img]

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2003, 05:39 PM   #70
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Quote:
Originally posted by Azred:
quote:
Originally posted by Sir Goulum:
Effect #6, Charisma Bonus, with timing mode of "while equipped", target of "self", probability of 100%, no saving throw, statistic modifier of -2, and modifier type of 0.

Worst cast scenario, send me the .itm file and I'll take a look at it. [img]graemlins/petard.gif[/img]
[/QUOTE]That doesn't seem to work...and I can't send it to you, unless I took my computor into my basement! Whatever....

Do you have any ideas for how to make the Imp. Alactrity work? Either as a spell to cast or an equipping effect?