Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2001, 03:09 AM   #1
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Well, had a hard time picking forum for this one, but I think this is the most suited area..

Well, D20 (the RPG-engine Dungeons and Dragons are based on) are releasing a Wheel of Time sourcebook for Dunfeons and Dragons, new magic system, prestige classes and alot of background facts for the world..
http://www.wizards.com/catalog/product.asp?wtc11996
The link above takes you to Wizards where you can read about it..

Anyone else then me a bit interested in this? I kinda stopped reading the Wheel of time after Path of daggers, or was it Crown of Swords?? Well anyway, I got a bit disapointed in Jordans writing and the plots and all.. The last books didnīt feel as good as the first ones. Maybe this can be a spur to pick up that or thoose books one havenīt read.

------------------

Howling to the moon, cause this world seems so far away..
Wolfgirs lair
once-upon-a-paper
WOLFGIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2001, 05:56 AM   #2
Prime2U
Zhentarim Guard

you should read them all dude. Heart of Winter was an awesome book. I'll admit I like Crown of Swords well enough, even though it wasn't as good as the rest, and I liked Path of Daggers even more, yet it too wasn't as good as the first 6. But book 9 is really excellent. He just needed to fill in some detail in 7 and 8, and clarify some plotlines. Actually, Crown of swords is actually the end of book 6, but he ran out of room. Looking at it this way makes it seem a lot more acceptable to me. I dunno about a D&D based WoT game...there is quite a difference in the rules between them.

------------------

"Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans." - Lennon
Prime2U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2001, 06:49 AM   #3
WOLFGIR

Quote:
Originally posted by Prime2U:
you should read them all dude. Heart of Winter was an awesome book. I'll admit I like Crown of Swords well enough, even though it wasn't as good as the rest, and I liked Path of Daggers even more, yet it too wasn't as good as the first 6. But book 9 is really excellent. He just needed to fill in some detail in 7 and 8, and clarify some plotlines. Actually, Crown of swords is actually the end of book 6, but he ran out of room. Looking at it this way makes it seem a lot more acceptable to me. I dunno about a D&D based WoT game...there is quite a difference in the rules between them.

Well I heard that Heart of Winter (hey where have I heard this before ) should be a better book of the last ones. I guess I just tired of the way they were freefalling there for a while. About the RPG I think that with some prestige classes, new feats and a completely new magic system it could actually fly...

------------------

Wolfgirs lair
once-upon-a-paper
Old 10-26-2001, 08:03 AM   #4
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

I would at least be interested in trying this. I am a BIG fan of RJ and the WoT. Most books that I find enjoyable, I read in a day or so and then move on to the next one. But the WoT series...When I read them, I get so drawn in that I don't want to put it down. Only a few authors do this for me. Get me really jazzed about what they're writing. So, looks like an interesting idea.

------------------

Alureth...Dragon friend of Breanna, Mage and Advisor in the Court of Lady Lioness

Co-Owner/Operator of the Evil Petting Zoo and devout member of the HADB clan.
Commander of the Dragon Fleet, IW Peacekeeping Force
Sublime Sister of the Illuminati - may the Light shine forever!
Second Historian and Scribe of IW. Mother Hen of IW.
Mage extraordinair, Pin-Up Girl for the OLD-COOTS
Magey-Wagey: performer in the Nekked Dancing Trio of the ORT.

Hopeless Romantic *sigh*
DragonMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2001, 09:48 AM   #5
WOLFGIR

Quote:
Originally posted by DragonMage:
I would at least be interested in trying this. I am a BIG fan of RJ and the WoT. Most books that I find enjoyable, I read in a day or so and then move on to the next one. But the WoT series...When I read them, I get so drawn in that I don't want to put it down. Only a few authors do this for me. Get me really jazzed about what they're writing. So, looks like an interesting idea.

Well I donīt know about the RPG aspect, but it can nevertheless be fun to read the extra material and that Robert Jordan is signing a couple of them hopefully means that he agrees with the material in it.. :S Some authors and artists are keen to put their name on everything...

One of the best so far is Clive Barker that actually placed his but over at the making of the gamedevelopers of Undying, making sketches and storylines! Way cool! I hope RJ has done the same. I have enjoyed the Forgotten Realms sourcebook for D&D, not that I have place or played any RPG adventure in it, but for the info on the countries and regions.

------------------

Wolfgirs lair
once-upon-a-paper
Old 10-26-2001, 09:58 AM   #6
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by WOLFGIR:

Well I donīt know about the RPG aspect, but it can nevertheless be fun to read the extra material and that Robert Jordan is signing a couple of them hopefully means that he agrees with the material in it.. :S Some authors and artists are keen to put their name on everything...

One of the best so far is Clive Barker that actually placed his but over at the making of the gamedevelopers of Undying, making sketches and storylines! Way cool! I hope RJ has done the same. I have enjoyed the Forgotten Realms sourcebook for D&D, not that I have place or played any RPG adventure in it, but for the info on the countries and regions.
Yes, I will definitely be getting for the information - whether or not I rpg with it. Some few authors I just have to get everything having to do with their books (Stephen King is another of my faves). I even, on a whim, bought a deck of WoT the Game cards. Just to have them. I think it was supposed to be played similar to Magic the Gathering, but I still can't tell.

------------------

Alureth...Dragon friend of Breanna, Mage and Advisor in the Court of Lady Lioness

Co-Owner/Operator of the Evil Petting Zoo and devout member of the HADB clan.
Commander of the Dragon Fleet, IW Peacekeeping Force
Sublime Sister of the Illuminati - may the Light shine forever!
Second Historian and Scribe of IW. Mother Hen of IW.
Mage extraordinair, Pin-Up Girl for the OLD-COOTS
Magey-Wagey: performer in the Nekked Dancing Trio of the ORT.

Hopeless Romantic *sigh*
DragonMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2001, 05:37 AM   #7
Lifetime
Red Dragon

Theres actually a Wheel of Time shooter using the Unreal engine. And its not Heart of Winter(thats the Icewind Dale expansion ), its Winter's Heart(smartass).
And what books did Clive Barker write? I'm planning to get his source material after playing Undying.

------------------
No-Name Face
Lifetime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2001, 06:07 PM   #8
WOLFGIR

Quote:
Originally posted by Lifetime:
Theres actually a Wheel of Time shooter using the Unreal engine. And its not Heart of Winter(thats the Icewind Dale expansion ), its Winter's Heart(smartass).
And what books did Clive Barker write? I'm planning to get his source material after playing Undying.

Well that was a game that sucked raw eggs that are way too old to be sucked in my opinion..

Clive barker has written alot of books, you should start with Cabal, Books of blood, a good way to begin..

About the name of the book.. Winter schminter hehe, canīt remember them all!

------------------

Wolfgirs lair
once-upon-a-paper