Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-15-2003, 03:09 AM   #1
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Ordinarily I would not attempt to be a premodonna, but I'll make an exception this time. This thread is my apology to the people whose threads I have constantly derailed, whose beliefs I have both directly and indirectly mocked, and whose time I have generally wasted by my incoherant ranting over the past couple of months.
I won't go too deeply into reasons or offer any excuses, yet I shall say that various factors in my 'real' life have lead to increased levels of aggression, stress and irrational behavior. I'm trying to deal with these problems as best I can.
Most of you probably havn't even noticed my posts or have learned to simply ignore them anyway, yet it is for those people whom I have personally offended/distressed that I offer my sincere apologies. I won't be back until I've cleaned myself up.

Take care.
Merci, and adieu.
Old 09-15-2003, 03:13 AM   #2
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

make sure you come back soon! .. take a break and enjoy your sweet time off here. IW will always be here and choc guarding the place [img]smile.gif[/img]

Catch me if you can..
Old 09-15-2003, 03:28 AM   #3
Faceman
Hathor

I've learnt to deal with people far worse than you. Even on IWF where discussions are mostly civilized. The fact that you post this apology now confirms my suspicions that you were only very stressed/in a bad place.
You reminded me a bit of someone who just stopped smoking in your posts.
Rest assured, most people can tell the difference between a nice guy in a bad place (you ) and someone who's always been a complete jerk (doesn't last longer than 50 posts on IWF )
So [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] for your honesty and be sure to post an "I'm back thread" when you've dealt with your issues which I know you can [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-15-2003, 04:57 AM   #4
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

What's all this about then? [img]graemlins/wow.gif[/img] I hadn't noticed anything wrong with you, Aaron, if that helps...just another bloke having his say. I thought you were quite balanced, actually. Just a typical sheepshagging Kiwi.

In any case, good luck with things and hope we'll see you back when you're ready. Don't say adieu, say a demain, or even hasta l'huego...adieu's only for funerals.

[ 09-15-2003, 05:00 AM: Message edited by: Memnoch ]

Old 09-15-2003, 05:43 AM   #5
Melusine
Dracolisk

Heya Aaron, no worries! [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]
Do stick around, whether here or on Panda, and you know how the PM button works (yeah, I do too, since I should really be replying to your last, but I've been ill with flu - sowwy!)
Anyway take care mate, hope you can work things out! *hugs*
Old 09-15-2003, 05:57 AM   #6
wellard
Dracolisk

I don't know you or your personal life, but I do read your posts and IMO *for what it's worth* you are being very tough on yourself. Sure you offer a different perspective on things, but alway interesting [img]tongue.gif[/img] and I've never noticed aggression

Anyway, hope to see you back after a little holiday. Are you still going fruit picking in Oz or NZ? Either way, TTFN [img]graemlins/heee.gif[/img]

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
Old 09-15-2003, 07:32 AM   #7
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

I hope you clear up whatever is giving you trouble quickly, then. [img]smile.gif[/img] We'll save a spot for you at the next Current Events party. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-15-2003, 07:39 AM   #8
Donut
Jack Burton

Obviously this is an excuse to disappear till after the Rugby World Cup to avoid the ribbing I'll be dishingout to all and sundry in the southern hemisphere where men are men and sheep get nervous!!

[ 09-15-2003, 09:35 AM: Message edited by: Donut ]
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 09-15-2003, 07:47 AM   #9
Stratos
Vampire

I can honestly say that I don't know what your're talking about. I don't remember any posts where you have shown agression or mockery. Either I have not read them thoroughly (shame on me), have a thick skin or missed them completely.

In any case I'm sure you know what is best for you. See you around.
Old 09-15-2003, 08:39 AM   #10
Zero Alpha

IMO the general concencus seems to be your a good guy. not even nit-picky little me noticed aggression in your posts. if you want to know what aggression looks like, there are forums out there that cointains flames such as you would not belive.

and Memnoch

Quote:
Memnoch wrote:
... sheepshagging ...
[img]graemlins/saywhat.gif[/img] this from a moderator!

(i thought those were welsh! j/k)

[ 09-15-2003, 08:40 AM: Message edited by: Zero Alpha ]