Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2004, 10:07 AM   #1
CursedShadow
Elite Waterdeep Guard

What is the best way to handle those ensnaring spiders? They seem to paralyze my party before I can even fire a shot at times.
CursedShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 03:52 PM   #2
Flamestryke
The Magister

Believe it or not Magic Screen and Elemental Shield help a lot.

Either that or just sneak up on them and launch some sort of attack around a corner in round 1 then move in close on round 2 and beat the crap out of them.
Old 09-05-2004, 06:11 PM   #3
Scatter
Symbol of Cyric

Yah. My other solution is to avoid them by being the wrong level for them to show up. Widowmakers and Viles tend to prefer biting if you can close fast enough, but Ensnarers are just tough. If i go into the Caves at all, i go too young for them or not until later. But essentially, since their attack is handled like the Spell Paralyze, any protection high enough in Water generally keeps you out of trouble. (odd that it's not Web...)
Scatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 10:14 PM   #4
Ziggurat
Symbol of Cyric

Ensnaring spiders are just deadly. In some games I had to avoid then entirely (X-ray), our party wasn't up for it.
Old 09-07-2004, 10:14 AM   #5
Kylospylon
The Magister

Spiders hate fire.

If your characters are finding it tough, tip the scales in your favor with some persistant damage spells like clouds, firestorm, ring of fire etc... that way the spider will still take damage even if many of your characters are paralyzed.

I rarely have much trouble with them, but then again nearly all of my party members each carry 5 Cure Paralysis Powders at all times.
Kylospylon is offline   Reply With Quote