Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2003, 03:34 AM   #31
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Tancred:
Lots of people have commented on various LotR scenes, but no-one has commented on Boromir's final battle. That's, for me, the single greatest moment so far in the LotR trilogy... Especially in the extended version - the desperation in the frantic melee is almost tangible!
That's one of my favorite scene, too. I really liked Boromir. I thik the movie didn't do him justice. He was a lot more noble in the book.
Old 09-26-2003, 08:52 AM   #32
Black Baron
Red Wizard of Thay

Alas i do not know the site, since that i seldom surf in the net.
i have the original movie on my tv recorder.
try this one- http://www.filmtracks.com/titles/dune_tv.html . got it fromm yahoo-dune-movies.

Kids attention, I have brought you something...

Don't pull that ring private!!
Black Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2003, 09:43 PM   #33
Nerull
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by Luvian:
That's one of my favorite scene, too. I really liked Boromir. I thik the movie didn't do him justice. He was a lot more noble in the book.
Sean Bean (who played Boromir) usually plays a bad guy in every movie he is in (some exceptions, of course, but not too many). I think he went a little too overboard with the negative aspects simply because that is how he is used to acting with his characters. They also show mostly the negative aspects (his lack of respect for Aragorn at the council meeting, just dropping Narsil on the ground when he cuts himself, etc.). That actually detracts from the scene of his final battle. They should have had a few more scenes of him interacting favorably with the other characters (the only real one I remember before he dies is swordfighting with Merry and Pippen; there should have been more of that along the way, so that you really develop an empathy for him, making his death that much more tragic).
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Nerull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2003, 05:16 PM   #34
Burner
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Just a few that come to mind right off:

Pulp Fiction: Jules casually shoots a guy while Brad tries to explain what went wrong. "Oh I'm sorry, did I break your concentration?"
Marcellus and Butch talking after Butch rescues him. Not just "I'm gonna get medieval", the whole scene.
Vincent and (the dealer played by Eric Stoltz)argue about who's going to give Mia the shot of adrenaline. "The day I bring an ODing b***h to _your_ house, _I_ give her the shot!"

Two Towers: Aragorn and Gimli attack the ramp and orcs start flying every which way.
The look on Saruman's face when he runs out to see what the ents are doing to Isengard. And the attack of the ents, for that matter.
Also Gandalf and Eomer riding down on the orcs, and Gandalf vs. the Balrog at the beginning.

Evil Dead 2: Ash sits for a second after dismembering his possessed girlfriend, then her head falls into his lap and bites his hand.

The Ring: Samara comes out of the TV. Also the look on the kid's face when he says "you helped her? Why did you do that?!"

Four Rooms: The end of the last sequence, where Tim Roth cuts off the guy's finger, scoops up his money and casually walks away thru the ensuing chaos.

The Exorcist: Regan's head turns around 180 degrees and she speaks to her Mom in the dead director's voice. "Do you know what she did, your c***ing daughter?"
Damien asks the demon how long he intends to stay in Regan. "Until she rots and lies stinking in the earth!"

Carrie: Carrie's hand comes out of the ground and grabs Sue's arm.

Highlander: The entire scene when Kurgan taunts McLeod in the church. "I took his head and raped his woman before his blood was even cold!"
Any of the swordfights in Highlander.

Excalibur: Arthur drags himself down the spear in his chest to get to Mordred. Also the part in the final battle where Lancelot shows up and starts laying waste to Mordred's knights.
Merlin's line "A dream to some. A NIGHTMARE TO OTHERS!"

High Plains Drifter: "I'm faster than you'll ever live to be."
The end sequence when the last remaining bad guy loses it and screams "WHO ARE YOU?"

The Thing(1980): Kurt Russell tests the commander's blood and finds out he's an alien, much to the dismay of the guys who are tied to the couch with him.
Doc tries to use the defibrilator on a guy having a heart attack, but he's actually an alien. His chest collapses and Doc hands go into the chest cavity, which closes and bites his hands off.
The head of the alien in the previous scene escapes the flamethower, sprouts spider legs and runs away. One guy sees it and says "You gotta be f***ing kidding!"

Return of the Living Dead: The interrogation of the zombie they captured. "I can feel myself rot!"

American Beauty: "I'm not paying you to do...whatever it is you do out here."
"Fine, so don't pay me."
"What?"
"I quit, so you don't have to pay me. Now leave me alone."

Rocky: Apollo Creed's trainer: "He don't _know_ it's a damn show! He thinks it's a damn fight!"
Apollo after the fight: "Ain't gonna be no rematch! Ain't gonna be no rematch!"
Rocky: "Don't want one!"

[ 09-28-2003, 02:07 PM: Message edited by: Burner ]
Old 09-27-2003, 06:00 PM   #35
Tancred
White Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Nerull:
</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Luvian:
Sean Bean (who played Boromir) usually plays a bad guy in every movie he is in (some exceptions, of course, but not too many). I think he went a little too overboard with the negative aspects simply because that is how he is used to acting with his characters. They also show mostly the negative aspects (his lack of respect for Aragorn at the council meeting, just dropping Narsil on the ground when he cuts himself, etc.). That actually detracts from the scene of his final battle. They should have had a few more scenes of him interacting favorably with the other characters (the only real one I remember before he dies is swordfighting with Merry and Pippen; there should have been more of that along the way, so that you really develop an empathy for him, making his death that much more tragic). </font>[/QUOTE]Bizarre, because I got exactly the opposite impression; Boromir in the film, for me, was much more warm and noble than in the book...

As for Boromir interacting favourably with the other members of the Fellowship... Boromir and Aragorn talking about Gondor while in Lothlorien stuck in my memory.
Old 09-28-2003, 10:57 PM   #36
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

<font color=deepskyblue>While Clint Eastwood probably holds the record for the greatest number of cool one-liners {some of which I will get to in a minute}, my favorite line of all times came from Gene Hackman in a movie called <font color=white>Civil Action</font>. To make a long story short, Hackman and his daughter are on opposite sides of a court case. They also have a lot of angst between from past issues. In the end, however, the daughter helps her dad win the case. She works for a big corporate firm and her boss immediately demands an audience in the judge's chambers. The corporate boss demands an immediate mistrial - claiming that Hackman's daughter provided privileged info - and also promises to have Hackman's daughter permanently disbarred.

Hackman's response: "Your honor, this information is a matter of public knowledge. It is easy to find if you look in the right place." Then he leans down and whispers in the corporate bosses ear...."And if you so much as LOOK at my daughter, they won't be able to identify you with dental records!"

Now for some Eastwood moments.....
<font color=white>Outlaw Josey Wales</font> - Eastwood faces 4 Union soldiers and has a sack of supplies under each arm. "Are you boys gonna draw those pistols...or Whistle Dixie?"
Later, facing a young bounty hunter "Dying is a helluva way to make a living"

<font color=white>Die Hard</font> - Several good scenes and great lines. My favorite is when the Chief of Police chews Bruce Willis out for his actions and Willis tells him to put Al back on the phone.
Al: "How ya feeling, Roy?"
Willis: "Pretty f**k**g unappreciated"

<font color=white>Aliens</font> - My favorite character was Hudson and he had several great lines, but the best was right after their first encounter with the aliens.
"Hey pal, maybe you haven't been keeping up with current events...but we just got our ASSES KICKED!"

Now for some favorite scenes from movies.

<font color=white>The 13th Warrior</font> - When Antonio Bandaras "learns" the Vikings language simply by watching them and listening to them. Also when he figures out the truth about the "fire dragon".
The final battle is one of the best from any movie.

<font color=white>Highlander</font> - I'll agree with <font color=orange>Burner</font>, the entire church scene was probably the best in the whole movie (except for the fight scenes, of course ).

<font color=white>The Two Towers</font> - The fight between Gandalf and Balrog. The Ents laying waste to Isengard (especially when the one Ent sticks it's head in the water to put out the fire).
The Battle at Helm's Deep.
Gollum

<font color=white>The Fellowship of the Ring</font> - The entire movie. A masterful adaptation of perhaps the greatest trilogy ever written.

<font color=white>X-Men</font> - When Wolverine rejoins the group after fighting Mystique.
Wolverine: "Whoa, easy, it's me."
Cyclops: "Prove it."
Wolverine: "You're a d***."
Cyclops: "Let's go."

Many, many more...but that's enough for now.</font>
Old 09-29-2003, 07:35 AM   #37
Link
Jack Burton

What I like about X-Men as well, Cerek, is when Wolverine uses his claws to give someone (probably Cyclops) the finger. Too funny [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2003, 08:19 AM   #38
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Link:
What I like about X-Men as well, Cerek, is when Wolverine uses his claws to give someone (probably Cyclops) the finger. Too funny [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
<font color=deepskyblue>The reason I liked the exchange between Cyclops and Wolverine was because I thought it did a perfect job of summing up their relationship with just 4 lines of dialogue.....actually, just the last two. Wolverine proved his identity by telling Cyclops exactly what he thought of him - and Cyclops showed he is the consummate team leader by his reaction. He doesn't care if Wolverine likes him or not...all he cares about is the team.

Given the fact that thier relationship was explored and modified for over 15 years in the comics, I thought it was pretty amazing for the director to capture it so succinctly in that one scene.</font>
Old 09-29-2003, 12:23 PM   #39
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

one of my favourites would have to be the football match in mean machine (the newer version) It totally cracked me up!! It is so funny especially when the commentators start fighting.
Old 10-10-2003, 06:50 PM   #40
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Gladiator: The first battle from the movie.
The Matrix: Both the opening scene and the hall fight. Not to mention the first dialogue with Morpheus.
First Knight: Arthur giving his 'last command'.
First Contact: Picard listening to the Armada engaging The Borg.
Pulp Fiction: The intire movie is memorable.
Dreamer128 is offline   Reply With Quote