Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-23-2001, 10:36 PM   #71
Gabriel
Emerald Dragon

Draconia, ladyzekke perhaps you have heard of the Enchantica models, i afraid they come painted but they are very nice never the less. The books that intudced me to fansty are the Pern books, they are moved me near to tears at times too. but i noticed that with all the stories and poetys people have read, no one has tried the norse sagas or other lengends that have been pass down. i currently reading the Orc books, if you read them you never look at an orc the same way again.
Gabriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2001, 12:05 AM   #72
Talieson

Oh BTW I forgot some other books I read. Quiet often actually. They are Barney, Sesame Street, Spot, Madeline, and various other books. See I have a very varied reading interest.
Old 01-24-2001, 02:43 AM   #73
draconia

Lady Zekke- Thanks, I will check that website out. I live in Utah, USA. I usually only come here when my baby is asleep. She is a handful and very time consuming. Plus I have 2 other children and they don't give me much time to do anything. I am not sure if I am familar with the lead dragons. They do not sound familar but I might have seen them but never realized it. I will go to that website and check it out. Thanks again.
Gabriel- I am familar with the Enchantica models. I don't have any of those yet but someday I will. I do have dragons that have already been painted. I love to collect dragons of any type. Painting ceramics is a hobby and if I happen across a ceramic dragon, I buy it and paint it.
Old 01-24-2001, 04:09 AM   #74
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Sorry everyone, always end up at the tail end of all these discussions, I've been really busy at work and can't check till the end of the day now! CS Lewis went to Oxford with JRR Tolkien. Lloyd Alexander wrote the Taran the Assistant-Pig Keeper series. The last book, The High King, was excellent. I was about 12 when I read them (along with Lewis's Narnia chronicles) and that was the start of a lifelong romance with fantasy!
Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2001, 09:34 AM   #75
Rowenn Sabreur

I have always been more of a sci fi/fantsy reader myself but classical literature is not unkown to me also. Some of my current favorites anything by douglas adams(hitchikers guides...) r.a. salvatores work. milton(paradise lost, paradise found) dante(the divine comedy) hobbes (levithan) HP lovecrafts assorted works , clive barker(books of blood) weis and hickman , E.A. Poe, Emily Dickinson, Robert Frost, and I could go ad nauseum for hours but I shall end it here.

LadyZekke you work in Crystal City How very coincendental I work on the washington navy yard, naval district washington . and yes I am in the military
Old 01-24-2001, 10:38 AM   #76
Zenith
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Moiraine is correct about Anne McCaffrey's Pern series. A true classic. I must also recommend the Mists of Avalon and it's prequels The Forest House and Lady of the Lake by Marion Zimmer Bradley. These are true classics about the legend of Camelot. Definitely makes you rethink the classic story that's represented by the likes of The Sword in the Stone
Zenith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2001, 11:06 AM   #77
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

You guys really influence my way of thinking. Since Im into scary shit, Ill try Anne Rice... well.. Im already with Thomas Harris as I said... : )
Bahamut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2001, 06:39 PM   #78
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Rowenn Sabreur, glad to see someone here who actually lives closeby! Yes there are a lot of people in Crystal City in the Navy. I guess you read my previous response about how I feel about our military men, so I won't repeat it, but just say I have much respect! I also think the Navy has the best uniforms! Also, my boss is retired Rear Admiral Penrose Albright. He went to Kings poing and served in World War II. At work I am always reading our e-mails about Naval current events from his Rotary friends, especially CAPT JG Cotton's, who is at sea (I think). Hey, did you see that movie out about the U-Boats yet? Pretty harrowing and supposedly a true story. I don't know how you guys do it! It takes a lot of courage to get in a giant lead submarine and sink to the depths of the sea, nevertheless with enemies depth charging you!

Bahamut - if you like "scary" books, you must try Robert Macammon's Swan Song! It is my personal favorite horror book and very well written. If they could make a movie about this book, it would make millions! And the book is great in that it starts right off the bat with action. Also Brian Lumley's Necroscope series will keep you up at nights and covers everything from vampires, talking to the dead, corporations that specialize in ESP talents, travelling to other worlds, etc.!
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2001, 04:42 AM   #79
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Oh, Miss Ambrosia voice, good to hear from you again! I'm not just a fantasy buff, for some reason i thought this was just fantasy! I'm a big fan of Mario Puzo, read just about all his books. Some suck a bit but the Last Don was excellent. Also a big fan of Michael Crichton, his latest one, Timeline is AWESOME. For sci-fi, Kim Stanley Robinson's Mars trilogy is a spectacular, epic tale of the colonization of another planet.
Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2001, 07:35 AM   #80
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Yeah! Thanx mommy Wendy!!! hehe check out IR's post! Don't get wrong though... hehe : )
Bahamut is offline   Reply With Quote