Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-22-2008, 05:55 AM   #11
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

Default Re: Barak Obama - Heir Apparant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illumina Drathiran'ar View Post
Yes- you were misinformed; no such announcement was made in any official capacity.
Misinformed how? Is Hillary not his VP now?
Old 08-22-2008, 08:26 AM   #12
Unglaublich Verwustung
Silver Dragon

So how about in an 'unofficial' capacity, which is where all actual deals are done?

Make a decision, even if it's wrong, and remember....

...it's never too early for a salad.
Unglaublich Verwustung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 12:49 PM   #13
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Variol (Farseer) Elmwood View Post
Misinformed how? Is Hillary not his VP now?
No, there's a few hoax/rumors going on but as of yet no word. I would LOVE if Al Gore was his VP. Imagine if America had a scientific mind like his in office. A nobel prize winner at that! One who thinks global warming is more than a fairytale.
Old 08-23-2008, 06:44 AM   #14
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

It's Biden... That's who I figured it'd be...

Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 10:38 AM   #15
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

I think it's *one of* the right vp choices he could have made. I'm sorry to say that not too long ago, I thought John Edwards would help the ticket...but now he's a political leper.

...As far as Al Gore is concerned...well, he's smart, and he's right about global warming (right enough, anyway), but he's just too crazy to come back to the political theater. As far as Hillary is concerned...ugh. I just can't trust her to hold a position long enough to say it.

Biden nicely adds experience to the ticket, and is the smart choice to bolster it...

I wonder how the McCain camp will counter this?

McCain has tons of experience (as far as the public is concerned)...but is so stale that he needs a more exciting running mate.

If he picks Joe Lieberman, he's dead in the water. That's a forfeit, as far as I'm concerned.

Is that what you really want to say?
Ilander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 11:02 AM   #16
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Yeah one of the good choices. I still think Gore would have been great. Crazy though? You sure you aren't mixing him up with Howard Dean?

I did indeed like Biden alot during the debates, he seems an honest, grounded guy.
Old 08-23-2008, 11:27 AM   #17
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

As a Canadian, I'm really ignorant to the basic differences of the two parties. Is it too big a question to ask? I know I always here left and right wing, but I don't really know what that means. Things get blurrier all the time.
Old 08-23-2008, 12:26 PM   #18
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

Well, as it currently stands, the Republicans (tend to, but not universally) support a free-market response to most issues, like energy and health care, while the Democrats support actions by the government.

The Republicans tend toward staying in Iraq until the job is done, while the Democrats tend toward a gradual withdrawal.

Both parties support continued action in Afghanistan.

Basically, the left say that the government is supposed to answer the big problems, while the right say it's better left to the people and corporations to fix.

As far as considering Al Gore to be crazy goes...he strikes me as championing the cause of solving climate change mostly for personal recognition...he may not be crazy per se, as I pretty much agree with him on climate change issues, but that doesn't mean I absolve him for using six times the amount of energy in his household as a standard house, or for flying around the world in a private jet. He could have accepted the Nobel Prize via Telecommuting, and had them mail it all to him, right? Wouldn't that have sent a better message?

His main element of craziness is that he seems to expect to be let back into the general fold of politics after becoming what amounts to a lobbyist. There is simply too much bias, now.

Is that what you really want to say?

Last edited by Ilander; 08-23-2008 at 12:33 PM.
Ilander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 01:41 PM   #19
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilander View Post
Well, as it currently stands, the Republicans (tend to, but not universally) support a free-market response to most issues, like energy and health care, while the Democrats support actions by the government.

The Republicans tend toward staying in Iraq until the job is done, while the Democrats tend toward a gradual withdrawal.

Both parties support continued action in Afghanistan.

Basically, the left say that the government is supposed to answer the big problems, while the right say it's better left to the people and corporations to fix.

As far as considering Al Gore to be crazy goes...he strikes me as championing the cause of solving climate change mostly for personal recognition...he may not be crazy per se, as I pretty much agree with him on climate change issues, but that doesn't mean I absolve him for using six times the amount of energy in his household as a standard house, or for flying around the world in a private jet. He could have accepted the Nobel Prize via Telecommuting, and had them mail it all to him, right? Wouldn't that have sent a better message?

His main element of craziness is that he seems to expect to be let back into the general fold of politics after becoming what amounts to a lobbyist. There is simply too much bias, now.
Have you been watching Fox?

I always thought that argument to be ridiculous. When I first heard it I thought about it. In using that jet he is travelling from place to place to give lectures about global warming. If there was a renewable energy plane i'm sure he'd be using it, but there isn't, which is why he is spreading awareness of how there needs to be. I don't think cycling around the USA would get the message spread as fast and as boldly as he has done. I understand this point but I mean, wouldn't you rather people use private jets to save the environment than to shuttle them to their resort in the Gran Canaria and back every week?

I am very aware of global warming myself, but I still drive a car because it's the only viable means of personal transport in my area. I guess I am happy with someone doing anything for the cause, as I recycle and save energy when I can, but does the fact that I drive a car nullify any other work i've done? His movie "An Inconvenient Truth" is a masterpiece IMO, there is very little about him in it, it is'nt self-serving in any way, just factual, with the evidence presented in an articulate and comprehensive manner. I'd recommend it to everyone.
Old 08-23-2008, 05:11 PM   #20
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Faux News?

Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote