Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-21-2000, 08:15 PM   #1
Silverwolf
Welcomed New User

Took the temple quest to find Jathil and give him a scroll of some kind. Found him and delivered the message. Now my troubles begin. I was attacked while he was still wandering nearby. I used an area spell, some of which, unfortunately, hit him. I tried talking to him.. I healed him.. did everything I could think of, but he remained unforgiving and, furthermore.. attacked the hell out of me. Having had enough.. I offed him.

Now when I go back to the temple the congratulate me for having completed the quest and give me ex. points and a temple level boost.. the usual. But they do it EVERY time I enter the temple! I'm concerned that I won't be able to do further training with my priest because this quest won't clear.

When I look at my quest journal.. it shows that it has cleared.. about 15 times.

Any thoughts on this craziness??

JJ (Silverwolf)
Silverwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2000, 09:47 PM   #2
Lily the Ranger

Sounds like a fortunate bug? Maybe when you take or complete the next quest it will stop. The temple in Ishad N'ha did this to me for a while (forget which quest) but stopped for some reason.
Old 12-21-2000, 09:51 PM   #3
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Don't worry, Silverwolf. This is a documented bug that the patch fixes. It happens to everyone, whether or not they kill Jathil. (too bad about that!) Everytime you enter the Temple, you'll get congratulated and get 750 X.P. more. The same thing happens in Brimloch Roon after you complete the Leprechaun quest for the Thieves guild.

The only unfortunate thing is, now if you have any characters to join the Temple, they won't be able to do that quest now that Jathil's dead. Oh well. They'll catch up in Brimloch Roon.

Sazerac.
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2000, 09:04 AM   #4
Silverwolf
Welcomed New User

Thanks for the great responses. I'm glad to know I'm not simply being punished for my wrongdoing. I really felt bad about killing the guy. But he was battering me with a magical staff. I've been heistant to try the patch. Maybe I should just go ahead and do it.

Thanks again...

JJ
Silverwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2000, 11:01 PM   #5
tritone

The patch overwrites several files in the game directory. If you want a failsafe/reset option, just make sure you don't extract the files to the game folder directly. Instead, extract it elsewhere, then make backups of the files it intends to replace before copying the new (patched) files over. If anything happens which you don't like, just copy back...
Old 12-23-2000, 04:59 AM   #6
carg
The Magister

Alternative to backing up the orig. game files: you can find them uncompressed on the CD: just look in the patch which files were overwritten and copy those back from CD.
carg is offline   Reply With Quote