Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2004, 09:36 AM   #1
Calagari
Manshoon

Somebody out there must know the rules for how many/much magic items a person can wear. I am finding all these neat items as either loot or treasure but can't wear them. it seems I am already maxed out on how much magic protection/attributes a person can have.

What are the guidlines for this?
Calagari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 10:04 AM   #2
ZFR
Legion Symbol

You can wear howevermuch magic items you want.
The reason you cant wear some items is because they cant be worn by that class or (less likely) race or alignement.
Old 11-09-2004, 10:19 AM   #3
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Besides race/alignment issues Certain items can't be worn together like a Ring of Protection, and special armor types. The race/alignment issues are given in the item descriptions however non-conforming items such as the Ring of Protection + 2 are not so clear you just have to try different combinations to see what works best.

However you can were as much as you have slots for as long as the items are not restricted for some reason.
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 10:25 AM   #4
Calagari
Manshoon

There have been times if I try to add an item to what I am already wearing I get a message That says I can not wear this item as I already have too many properties. That may not be verbatim but very close to the message. If I play around and remove an item I wearing I can then add the new item, but not both of them. It is like you can't have all the magic items you want and still have open slots. This is why I asked the question. I just wondered what the rules were?

Quote:
Originally posted by ZFR:
You can wear howevermuch magic items you want.
The reason you cant wear some items is because they cant be worn by that class or (less likely) race or alignement.
Calagari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 10:26 AM   #5
Marty4
Symbol of Cyric

I may be confused with BG1 (Haven't played in a while), but I am pretty sure that you cannot wear protection rings or cloaks while wearing magical armor. Also, you cannot wear two rings of protection at the same time, though I'm not sure if you can don a cloak and ring together. just spread your protection rings around the party and give the second hand an ability ring or such.
Marty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 10:30 AM   #6
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Quote:
Originally posted by Marty4:
I may be confused with BG1 (Haven't played in a while), but I am pretty sure that you cannot wear protection rings or cloaks while wearing magical armor. Also, you cannot wear two rings of protection at the same time, though I'm not sure if you can don a cloak and ring together. just spread your protection rings around the party and give the second hand an ability ring or such.
Pretty much the same rules apply for BG as IWD when it comes to the RoP.

[ 11-09-2004, 10:31 AM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 10:38 AM   #7
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Right then my mistake...

So to clarify. You can only wear one of: magical armor + X, ring of protection + X, amulet of protection + X, cloack of protection +X. Otherwise you can wear whatever you want.
Old 11-09-2004, 11:02 AM   #8
Otto
The Magister

The general rule in IWD is that magical armor, rings of protection, amulets of protection, and cloaks of protection cannot be simultaneously equipped. However, there are some unique items that defy this rule.
Otto is offline   Reply With Quote