Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-25-2002, 03:33 PM   #1
Anamics
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I'm depressed.... I've played morrowind for the 6th time now... always in the middle or halfway down, i'll just get bored or something went wrong and start all over again.

Now, i've decided to start another "FINAL"(hopefully) character and just play through everything there is to offer in the game. Well,and i wanna know if the guide can lead me to such a satisfaction. =)

so.. to all guidebook users... is the guide realli good? like full of quest details and how to solve them and i mean "all" of them... =D
so that's that.. just wanna know if it's worth getting the guide.

and oh yes ... "those that completed the game... was the satisfaction good? i mean do you like feel u completed another epic story??? as u would Baldurs Gate 2 or one of those great RPGS? final fantasy comes to mind=)

thanks!
Old 07-26-2002, 07:35 AM   #2
Lady Avalon
Emerald Dragon

I personally would recommend the strategy guide. Don't know how I would have played the game to its limits without it. It was extremely helpful when I was stuck and didn't know where to go or what to do. There are also maps that will show you exactly where you need to be and even though the numbers are quite small (you almost have to use a magnifying glass), very very helpful.

I finished the main quest last Sunday and at Level 62, I am still doing some other quests. This is the kind of game that you don't want to give up, even after you've reached the end. I love this game and thought it was extremely satisfying.
Old 07-26-2002, 09:00 AM   #3
Lox
Manshoon

First, a little introduction. I bought the game about 3 weeks ago but have only put about 20-30 hrs in so far. I've only played one character, a Breton custom mage/fighter. I think he is level 18 right now.

Last weekend I bought the guide after flipping through it a little. It was an impulse buy and I kind of regret it. I haven't looked at it too closely since I got it because I don't want to spoil too much of the game. I don't know if it has info on absolutely every quest, but that it seems that way. They seem to have it laid out coherently, with the the quests listed in the order you get them in the following categories: Main quest, House quests, guild quests (I think these are divided by who in the guild you get the quest from) etc. At the end the have a section on misc quests.

Also included are some maps with the locations of various quest sites, and as Lady Avalon said they are helpful for finding those out of the way egg mines.

The guide also has a list of all alchemical ingredients and their effects, as well as stats for all(?) the monsters. The monster list may be incomplete, it seemed awfully short to me for such a big world, but I haven't been playing long and there is so much of the world I haven't seen.

Overall, if you want to find everything in the world, I would recommend the book. I am still in the "I want to be suprised" mood, so I've been avoiding reading too much of it, but I think you would find it helpful.