Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-2002, 10:54 AM   #1
Rhea
Drow Warrior

I can't get to the tower where the idol is. This is the *third* time I've done Martin's Bluff and I have the same problem every time. I stand around in the little areas across from the dummy and look for an opening. I found it the other two times, finally, but can't find it this time!

Can't someone tell me EXACTLY how to get up into the two towers?
Rhea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2002, 11:30 AM   #2
Pyrates
Drow Warrior

Hi Rhea!

I know EXACTLY what you mean, happens to me all the time again

Stand before the door of the dummy room inside the castle. Turn around and "cross the street". Don't run until you are in front of the wall, stop when you walk up that little diagonal plane (sorry, no better expression found). Then to your left and right should be the two entrances, one of which you are looking for. Maybe you need to look around a little bit, but it can only be a matter of 2-3 steps...
Hope that helps!

Never forget your towel, cheers
Philipp
Old 02-20-2002, 11:59 AM   #3
Rhea
Drow Warrior

LOL!Thanks! I'll try again tonight. It might have something to do with the fact that I was trying to find it before my first cup of coffee (at 4:30 a.m., not that I'm obsessed with this game or anything). Nooooooo....
Old 02-20-2002, 12:07 PM   #4
PGC Viking
Elite Waterdeep Guard

If that doesn't work, there is a sure fire way to get there.

Find a wall, any wall.

Put it on your right.

Start walking, keep the wall on your right.

Don't go down the trapdoor, and stay in the castle.

You will eventually find the idol, and as the castle is fairly small, it probably won't take more than about 15 minutes.
PGC Viking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2002, 12:58 PM   #5
Rhea
Drow Warrior

Thanks! I can't understand why I have so much trouble finding the entrances to the towers every damn time. LOL! It reminds me of the old CRPG days when you could get stuck looking for a single pixel that triggered a new screen.
Old 02-20-2002, 09:24 PM   #6
WampusLord
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Spoiler
I believe you need to get through to the other side of lower Martens Bluff that is not accessible from the main entrance.(well, there is if you want to take on some T'rang but that would not be copasetic at this time). The only way to get there at your point in the game is go through the swamp to the mines. Finish the mines and enter through another entrance to Lower Marten's Bluff. There is a switch in one of the rooms that opens the door across from the droppped dummy entrance and unites both sides. Or you can access from the trap door behind Martens Bluff. You can also access the idol from that part of the Bluff.

WampusLord
Old 02-20-2002, 11:15 PM   #7
Pyrates
Drow Warrior

Hey, WampusLord! Sorry, but I hope nobody took that for real, takes quite a long time (though a very nice trip) to go through the mines. You can deal with the catapult, and that will bring you in, even , or better, exactly when you're coming from the swamp-side.

Well, but through the mines, you're gonna see quite a lot, definitely recommende

Philipp
Old 02-21-2002, 06:27 PM   #8
Rhea
Drow Warrior

Well, color me embarassed. I finally figured out why I couldn't get to the two towers. I had forgotten to throw the switch in the guard room that opened the door! I'm challenged, but apparently not geographically. It just took me a while to figure out why the door was closed. ROTFL!
Old 02-21-2002, 08:51 PM   #9
Pyrates
Drow Warrior

What, how, where? Switch? Guard room? I never noticed any of these, but was always able to get into the tower... Well, I'll pay attention on my third time through there...

Philipp