Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-2003, 01:27 PM   #1
killerdwarf
Welcomed New User

I initially ignored Lothlander and continued another quest. I of course got sick and am trying to help Lothlander to get cured. Problem is the diviner isn't giving me the option to ask a question about the geas and I can't complete the quest. Is this a bug? Is there a way to complete the quest without the diviner. I have tried going to the Water Queen but am not given the story line to complete the Lothlander quest. Suggestions please.
killerdwarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2003, 09:03 PM   #2
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Questions:
1) Is Lothander still alive? Where did you last speak to him?
2) Is Marek still alive? Where did you last speak to him?

The Priestess of Umberlee won't know that you've come about Lothander until you've been sent by the Diviner, and the Diviner won't know you've come about Lothander until he sends you to talk to him. Try not to jump the order and you should be fine. Of course, you could just have a bug--it's not like nobody's ever seen a bug in BG before.

If you killed Marek, you're screwed.
Old 05-28-2003, 11:41 AM   #3
killerdwarf
Welcomed New User

Quote:
Originally posted by SixOfSpades:
Questions:
1) Is Lothander still alive? Where did you last speak to him?
2) Is Marek still alive? Where did you last speak to him?

The Priestess of Umberlee won't know that you've come about Lothander until you've been sent by the Diviner, and the Diviner won't know you've come about Lothander until he sends you to talk to him. Try not to jump the order and you should be fine. Of course, you could just have a bug--it's not like nobody's ever seen a bug in BG before.

If you killed Marek, you're screwed.
Killerdwarf

Lothlander is still outside the diviner's tent (alive), he tells me I am an idiot and asked the wrong question. The problem is the #@%@! diviner won't give me the right question, just the three standard ones about the leader of the iron throne, iron throne's motives, and who is the richest man. I last spoke to Marek at the original encounter with Lothlander and haven't seen him since.

[ 05-28-2003, 11:46 AM: Message edited by: killerdwarf ]
killerdwarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2003, 02:01 PM   #4
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
Hmm strange, though I have heard that if you are showing signs of illness you have less than 24 game hours to live. Or was it more like a few days? I don't know for certain.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Firestormalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2003, 02:25 PM   #5
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Hmmm....asking the Diviner the wrong question shouldn't cause the quest to crash and burn immediately. I suggest doing 2 things:
1) Go back to your oldest save. If it's before you talked to the Diviner, you should be good to go.
2) Talk to the Diviner and ask one of the other questions. Talk to Lothander, and let him ball you out for asking the wrong question. REST. See the Diviner again, and hopefully the 'Geas' question should be there.