Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-20-2002, 03:42 PM   #1
Yvan
Welcomed New User

Hello everyone!

Does someone can tell me why monsters always win initiative in combat (e.g. attack/move fisrt)?

I regurlarly spend spoints in speed when caracters level up, neverteless monsters, and in fact whole group of monsters
seem always have plenty of time to surround my party before any spell is cast.

Is initiative is determined for each individuel monster or for each monster group?

It's always fun to attack first! But even level 3 monsters can attack before my level7-8 caracters can do anything...

Thanx is somenone can help
Yvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2002, 07:32 PM   #2
el_kalkylus
Drizzt Do'Urden

Give it some time. If you keep spending points in speed and senses, you will eventually be first in every fight. If you want someone really fast, try maxing speed as fast as possible and give it snakespeed. Every 10 points in snakespeed is worth one initiative. I think, every 4th point in senses (over 50) gives 1 extra initiative. At least, I know that when I put on an item that gave 20 extra senses, that character had 5 extra initiative.
Old 05-20-2002, 09:07 PM   #3
ice3
Drow Warrior

Yes Speed and Sense are important. Also some of the weapons can really boost initiative. Then make good use of sneakspeed. I have a monk, Samurai and Ninja they all have Speed and Sense very hight. But my Monk nearly always win in taken the lead. With +55 in initiative I outrun all the monsters I fought until now. When you cast superman then my monk simply unbeatable!
Old 05-21-2002, 04:54 PM   #4
biernath_john
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Casting HASTE helps too, it raises your initiative AND speed.
Heavy load decreases your initiative, remember.