Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2002, 03:47 AM   #11
Legolas
Jack Burton

The big disadvantage of "find traps" is that the spell doesn't disarm them. You'll still need a thief with a good find/disarm traps ability if you want to be able to get through narrow passages unharmed, or open that promising container.
It's best used to help your thief locate traps so you can move at a faster rate than one step at a time without triggering every trap in the tower, and does a good job at that, but in my experience it's more worthwile to leave the memorisation slots open for other spells.
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2002, 06:13 AM   #12
Grungi
Banned User

yeah i dont bother with find traps either, best to use your thief to find and dismantle them, with high enough ability he will find them all, btw find traps or detect traps doesnt work on certain traps in durlags, some are undetectable whatever your skill level
Grungi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2002, 08:28 AM   #13
I wish my name was Baggins
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by Keraptisdm:
quote:
Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:
????

Doesn't anybody use the level 2 Priest Spell, Find Traps?

ADD] ARRGGGHHHH!!!! My thunder has been stolen by Baggins! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Find Traps??!!?? You mean there are cleric spells other than healing? (Bangs head on desk. Jumps out window. Lands in a shrubbery. ) [img]graemlins/1dizzy.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/1dizzy.gif[/img]
j/k.
[/QUOTE]Of course you will be saved and patched up by the friendly Kobolds living downstairs.
Old 11-01-2002, 09:59 AM   #14
Grungi
Banned User

no no no the vicious kobold ingrate would first steal from you then torture you mercilessly, only reason he'd patch you up would be to dress you like a pirate for a laugh

is evil still evil if its only merely annoying?
Old 11-03-2002, 03:45 AM   #15
Kormar the Wanderer
Manshoon

Also, one problem with the theories of some who say to run through traps to disarm them, in that some of the traps can be fired off an unlimited number of times. In cases like this it's best to first see if there is a way around them...
Old 11-03-2002, 04:08 AM   #16
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

To elaborate more, I meant use Find Traps in conjunction with Disarm Traps. Detect Traps is not 100% guaranteed, but Find Traps will reveal the traps( unless it is one of those annoying cannot be seen traps) so that your Thief can disarm it.

ADD] In addition, even if your D/DT was not of high enough level to detect or disarm the trap, at least you know where the trap is, so that you can at least avoid it.

[ 11-03-2002, 04:13 AM: Message edited by: Dundee Slaytern ]
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2002, 05:35 PM   #17
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:
In addition, even if your D/DT was not of high enough level to detect or disarm the trap, at least you know where the trap is, so that you can at least avoid it.
Or chug some Potions of Absorbtion / Fire Resistance. Those damn Lightning traps are *THE* worst.....
Old 11-04-2002, 07:25 AM   #18
Grungi
Banned User

yep, keep those spells handy for lg and fire resistance cos they make a big diff, should by this stage also have a pair of 50 percent lg boots to temporarily give to your tank char so he can deliberately set traps off unfortunately you'll have to figure out which ones are infinite (theres not many) some only have 6 charges, one for each party member.