Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-25-2002, 01:02 PM   #1
hitherebobby
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I have all the pieces to make the Crom Faeyr, but I'm not sure if I want to. None of my party has any proficiencies in hammer, and I'm really using the girdle and gauntlets well for my NPCs who lack STR.

Any advice? Can anyone share the stats of the hammer with me?
hitherebobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2002, 01:11 PM   #2
Wedin

Hell yea!
I mean, if you have a ranger, it only takes 6 level ups (i think) to get two profinces
Old 02-25-2002, 01:24 PM   #3
Deathcow
Elminster

its a HUGE help in Suldanesselar, with all those golems all over the place [img]smile.gif[/img] one hit kills are fun

in one game i played, none of my party members were proficient with hammers, so i gave the hammer to aerie so she could hold heavy things [img]smile.gif[/img] youll be able to hold 1600lbs, and force open almost any lock

if you need the +strength items, after making the hammer, you will still have crom faeyr and the girdle of hill giant strength to boost your strength...that should be enough
Deathcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2002, 01:26 PM   #4
SoaS
Dungeon Master

Dude, the hammer (in my humble opinion here) is THE number one weapon in Baldur's Gate II.
Old 02-25-2002, 01:34 PM   #5
J'aran
Mephistopheles

Spoilers
>Crom Faeyr's stats:
Damage: 2d4 +3
THAC0: +5
Speed Factor: 1
Prof. Type: Warhammer
Special: Grants 25 STR; kills Stone/Clay Golems, Ettins and Trolls in one blow.

Whether you really want to make it is up to you. If there's no one in your party that can wield it properly, and you don't have ToB so that 6 level-ups may be a bit too many, it could well be that the individual components will serve you better than the hammer. On the other hand, it's an amazing weapon, not only for warriors, but it will turn a Cleric into a tank as well.
J'aran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2002, 01:35 PM   #6
hitherebobby
Elite Waterdeep Guard

So the hammer add STR points, eh? That makes sense seeing what constructed it. Where is that other girdle of giant strength?

Is the hammer one handed or two?
Old 02-25-2002, 01:37 PM   #7
Faceman
Hathor

possible spoilers ahead
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
You'll find 3 girdles of Strenght (19,20,21) and the Gauntlets of Ogre Power (18/00) and another girdle (Fire giant) in ToB.
Sacrificing two of these items to upgrade one of your NPCs to 25! strenght is definitely worth it (keep in mind, that the Faeyr slays Golems and Trolls instantly). You can use the Crom Faeyr for one of your tanks (recommend dual wielding) and the two remaining girdles for backup chars like thief or mage. Get strength bonuses for your clerics by drawing upon holy might and/or righteous magic. If you ensure that your remaining tanks are not too weak (Mazzy definitely needs an item and so does Keldorn) you should not have any problems to form a mighty party with no "Encumberance:Slowed"
Old 02-25-2002, 01:39 PM   #8
J'aran
Mephistopheles

quote:
Originally posted by hitherebobby:
So the hammer add STR points, eh? That makes sense seeing what constructed it. Where is that other girdle of giant strength?

Is the hammer one handed or two?

One handed. There's a Girdle of Hill Giant Strength (19) that can be bought from Ribald, another one grants 21 STR (Frost Giant I believe) found in the Kuo-Toa Temple in the Underdark and the third, 20 STR (Stone Giant) is somewhere in Suldanesselar.

EDIT: Too late, too late...

[ 02-25-2002: Message edited by: J'aran ]

J'aran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2002, 01:45 PM   #9
hitherebobby
Elite Waterdeep Guard

You guys rule.

Thanks for the info. I do have ToB (I'm doing Watcher's Keep before going after Bodhi, but I'm in level 3 and about at my match and take a respite).

Thus I feel that there are enough other strength items and enough time to get some proficiency in hammer. Minsc is my main tank with two maces (or lilicor) and I'd like him to get the hammer.

I do worry about Keldorn's STR but I'll find him something else to wear.
Old 02-25-2002, 01:48 PM   #10
Faceman
Hathor

Once again

Gauntlets (18/00) - Halfling in Planar Sphere
Hill Giant (19) - Adventurer's Market (standard stuff)
Stone Giant (20) - Head of the Rakshasas attacking Priestess Dermin in Sudanesselar (be sure not to freeze, disintegrate, etc. him)
Frost Giant (21) - sacrifice an animal at the Demogorgon temple in the SE of the Kua Toa lair and loot the girdle from one of the Demon Knights.
Fire Giant (22) - ToB, Marching Mountains inside