Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-2005, 09:47 AM   #1
WSBoaBoa
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I know this game has alot of compatability issues with hardware so I wont be shocked if this doesnt work on my other computer as it being a laptop. However I thought I would give it a shot because this laptop is not a PoS as I run EQ2 on it. Specs are as follows:

Toshiba A30
Pentium 4 2.8Ghz
1 Gig Ram
ATI 9000 Mobile 64/128MB
Realtek AC97 Sound system
60 Gig HD
Windows XP

I heard others where having some issues with this game on laptops but thought as I have never had a compatability issue yet with it (over 50 games so far) that it would not be an issue. The game starts fine but soon as you make your character then press the play this character button it goes black with the hour glass and then never comes back from the black screen. Any thoughts? Even links to drivers, though I dont think there are more recent ones than what I have.

[ 05-21-2005, 09:48 AM: Message edited by: WSBoaBoa ]
WSBoaBoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2005, 09:31 PM   #2
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I know jsalsb has had some issues with his laptop... the video card isn't supported, and apparently, not likely to be supported

I do know that when I play (Athlon 2600+, I think) the game takes a long time in between maps. I wait a while at that first screen, too... but it comes back.

Have you made sure you're not running any other things in the background that might cause problems?
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote