Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2005, 01:19 AM   #1
Nutman
Dungeon Master

Hi, I have just finished spellhold and was wondering if there is any way to get back to Athkatla (mainland) and finish of some quite a few quests I left in CH2 (I thought I would get Imoen back first). It seems I have no choice but to head to the underdark? Please no spoilers.

Thanks
cheers
Nutman
Nutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 02:09 AM   #2
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Well, Saemon Havarian clearly isn't the most clean-cut & aboveboard fellow you've met in your travels, but even taking ship with him again is preferable to taking a portal that could lead gods-know-where, especially since, as it was built by your mortal enemy, it would most likely lead to a place where he would be among friends (and, by extension, you would not be).

Yes, you can indeed get back to Athkatla sooner or later, and wrap up any Chapter 2-3 quests you didn't finish. (You can even look back on them in your Journal, there's a separate "page" for each chapter of the game.)

A word of warning: (Minor spoilers, but trust me, you want 'em.) You are approaching a section of the game where you will have to spend a considerable amount of time in an area that has NO TEMPLES. Pack accordingly: Scrolls of Raise Dead and Restoration come to mind.
Old 07-11-2005, 03:15 PM   #3
ShaddowKatMKII
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I'm at the same point, as there are quite a few of the side quests that I haven't done yet (Unseeing Eye, Tradeemeet, both of em; part of Umar Hills, Planar Sphere etc) that I figured I'd just wait to do once I got back and could poke around at a little bit higher level and finish.

Good luck in Ust Natha!! It can really be a bear to get through if you misstep and give a wrong answer or three...
ShaddowKatMKII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 03:58 PM   #4
GoblinZ
Dungeon Master

Erhm... No spoilarz... ?

O_o

Anyhow, i would agree with SixOS, that portal is VERY suspicious, i´d never take it, in fact, i´ve never taken it... *snort* [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Ahh, but this is useless, to make it less so i shall give you an concealed spoiler hint:

Get a scroll of freedom, who knows, you might... ahh... You know, the underdark secret imprisoning police, yes, the police, yes... For the police...
GoblinZ is offline   Reply With Quote