Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2004, 07:16 PM   #61
Nightwing
Baaz Draconian

I would think they become visions when you believe in them. If you don't belive they are real then it would be logical to call them hallucinations. That is why it is important to incorporate spiritual training into the treatment. There is a negetive connotation to hallucinations but not so much visions. If the patient can get understanding from there psychosis they are more willing to feel less volnerable and not close up from society. If society can't accept this then they are doing more to damage the patient than help. This unacceptance is where some of the stigma comes from. I'm not sure what it is like in Poland, but here in the United States there is still a huge problem with stigma of mental illness.

I find it interesting that there is a whole community that uses psychodelic drugs to reach the spiritual world. These drugs can also trigger a psychotic episode if your geno-gram says you are prone to mental illness. Mental illness is hereditary, in so much as, you can be more suseptable to developing the illness if it runs in the family, and certain drugs can trigger an episode. I say this because psychodelics can produce the same effects as psycosis and trigger it at the same time. Most people describe these as hallucinations from drug use accept the ones who believe they are in touch with the spirit world, they refer to these as visions. So I would say it's what you get out of it determines what it would be refered to as. I'm not sure if that makes sense or not and not having taken a psychodelic drug I can't say personaly how they compare, Just from what I read.