Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2001, 03:12 PM   #1
Dafo5
Elite Waterdeep Guard

where is the under cellar?
i know that you get to it through the sewers but i dont know which exit from the sewers?
is the undercellar under the duchal palace? (i thought it was but maybe m=im looking in the wrong places?
Dafo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2001, 03:35 PM   #2
david_m11
Dungeon Master

Spoiler
As the story moves on, you will meet up with a group of people who take you into the undercellar. There is a task to complete in there that moves you through the game - be patient and your time to visit will come!
david_m11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2001, 03:43 PM   #3
Dafo5
Elite Waterdeep Guard

ok but where are they cos ive been to the iron throne building and the flaming fist and around the duchal palace and in the sewers and i havent met anyone to take me there, ive met people that tell me about it but noone shows me where!!!
where on the city map are they or are they in the sewer cos ive must have missed them a lot of times or possibly killed them (i dont think so though!)
i killed a bunch of mutants and their king a while ago in the sewers was it them?
please you gotta help me im dying out here please!

[This message has been edited by Dafo5 (edited 10-22-2001).]
Dafo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2001, 09:16 PM   #4
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

The sewers have got to be the most confusing place in the whole damn game. I get SO lost in there.
2nd Easiest Way to Get into the Undercellar: Go down a sewer grating (any sewer grating), clean out that map of the sewers, follow the pathways to another map screen. If it's another sewer map screen, repeat the process. If it's the Undercellar, hooray, you're in the Undercellar. (There is a pathway that leads to a secret door in the Iron Throne basement, but finding it is like a 1-in-50 chance. I never even bothered remembering which one it was.)
Easiest Way to Get into the Undercellar: Go to the Blushing Mermaid and look around. That's how I found the place my first game, and I was actually AVOIDING it! I told myself I wanted to clear out all the above-ground stuff before going & running around in raw sewage.

------------------
Boots of Stealth: 1125 gp
Shadow Armor: 7875 gp
Slipping an Oil of Firey Burning down the back of Sarevok's armor: Priceless

[This message has been edited by SixOfSpades (edited 10-22-2001).]
SixOfSpades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2001, 09:17 PM   #5
JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

Iirc, they are in the same map as the Blushing mermaid bar, the northeast part of Baldur's gate. You don't need them to enter the undercellar however. You can find an entrance to the undercellar in the Blushing mermaid.

JR

Damned i lost cousin Jan's techno gloves
JR Jansen is offline   Reply With Quote