Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-2001, 05:50 AM   #1
Silaya
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi there !
I'm quite at the beginning of the game and I know, that the Rogue can not do al Role Ascendion in Valeia (?).

I am just interested in the question, to which Roles a Rogue can ascend ! Is this Bard and Ninja ?? At the moment my Rogue can't enter any guild - they all do not want me ;-( ....

Thanks a lot !

Silaya

Silaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2001, 05:54 AM   #2
Valiant
Elite Waterdeep Guard

For the time being your rogue will only be able to ascend to a ninja or a bard. This won't happen however til your reach the next town later in the game. After becoming a ninja though you may be able to switch roles to some other class after joining the warrior or bushido guild (not positive on that though).

Valiant
Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2001, 07:52 AM   #3
gregger
Dungeon Master

Really, you're Rogue can later ascend into a Bard, Ninja, or Barbarian.

------------------
Apprentice2All
gregger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2001, 10:11 AM   #4
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Actually, your rogue (and any other character) can ascend to whatever role they want. When you get them to a guild, have them accept a particular Ascension quest, even if they don't want it, then go join the guilds that allow that particular role. Then go back and cancel the quest (re-click on the quest icon).

I did this with my rogue: accepted a Ninja ascension for him, then joined the Warrior and Bushi Dojo guilds. I then cancelled the Ninja Ascension. I took him to the Warrior's guild and accepted a Paladin ascension for him, then had him join the Temple guild, then rejected the Paladin ascension. Finally, I accepted (and received) the Ranger ascension. So I was able to get my Rogue to a Ranger, and he was now a member of 3 other guilds, including the Temple so he could learn Vine magic skills and buy the spellbooks.

This works with any character. Don't feel that you have to be "limited" to a set of roles. As long as you have the money to join the guilds, and the minimum attribute levels to take the ascension quest, you can go to any of the Elite roles you want.

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote