Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-12-2007, 08:31 PM   #1
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

My God, what has reality TV become?

I always knew that reality TV can be, at it's very worst, bad. But my god, has anyone checked out the freakshow that is Vh1's "I Love New York" or "House of Carters" on E! network? It's odd, I find them both so terrible that I can't stop watching. I guess I am tuning in to see what new level of insanity will be reached with each episode. Anyone else seen these circus acts yet?
Old 02-12-2007, 10:42 PM   #2
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Reality TV was always rubbish. Who wants to watch TV about other people's lives?

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 10:48 PM   #3
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

I've seen the I Love New York one. What a freak show that thing is, a bunch of male fame whores grasping for their 15 minutes LOL. Of course you get the same thing from The Bachelor, but it's weird seeing it with guys instead. Look at me! Pick me! I'm stylin and profilin! [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2007, 01:12 AM   #4
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Well, I confess I watch quite a bit of reality tv and have always liked it over say, sitcoms or those horrible overacted soaps. That said, since the recent reality boom in the past few years, channels like NBC are just popping them out left and right, and they are usually complete trash.

Some of them though, like "I Love New York" are special. They get to enter the category beside trash. You know, the place where you put stuff that you are sure isn't good, but still are uncertain whether the trashman would want to pick it up if he saw it in there. So, it sits there and you watch it everyday even though you just wish it would go away. Yeah, that about sums it up, lol. Please just watch one episode if you can. But, read a book afterward to make up for the braincells it robs from you.
Old 02-16-2007, 09:18 AM   #5
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

Have not watched any of those one's. I do like reality t.v. But more of the classics like survivor and Amazing race. Once and a while I like some others. Beauty and the geek was one that I watched from time to time.
Old 02-18-2007, 08:52 AM   #6
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...goryid=14&cs=1

You ain't seen nothing yet.
Dreamer128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 11:10 PM   #7
Ladyzekke

Spiritwarrior, I miss T-Weed and his mossy thighs! [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] Did you see Boston's nose picking during eliminations? Tango is a chump and going for the sympathy vote. I miss Romance, they need to do a show dedicated to him finding a girl LOL (or guy). Hee!

Reality Show Recaps
Old 02-19-2007, 02:06 AM   #8
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Lol, that was just wrong. And the mother had an absolute ass attack when she saw the hair, even though she loved him beforehand.

As for "Romance" oh god that'd be a whole different circus if he got a show somehow. I have always felt like he came on the wrong show if you know what I mean. All the signs are there, inlcuding some that shouldn't be there which I have dismissed as borderline insanity (Or does everyone cry when they see a small dog?).

I also think "White Boy" is a drug-dealer. He has that look about him.

Please say you saw the one where the guy had a nervous breakdown and slid down the stairs then acted all gangsta and pretended it never happend. My god, what a nuthouse this show turned out to be. Thank you Vh1.
Old 02-19-2007, 01:33 PM   #9
Ladyzekke

I love the mother! Also cracked up when Chance called her Peppermint Patterson. Looks like he's goin to go off again next show, should be fun!

Oh and yes I saw the stair sliding incident LOL. Can't recall which one that was, I think maybe it was Pootie? God I thought someone had died and it was his fault the way he was acting LOL. Still though doesn't top Flavor of Love 2's stair incident where a girl he named Somethin crapped her pants and didn't have on any underwear and the turd hit the stairs. Oh yes the quality that IS VH1! [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps
Old 02-19-2007, 05:11 PM   #10
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Every so often I think I've missed something on TV...

Then I realize I didn't miss it at all... [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote