Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-2002, 12:30 PM   #1
Jason the Red
Elite Waterdeep Guard

What is the best way to kill a Stone Golem? Will any type of spell work?
Jason the Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2002, 12:35 PM   #2
Mortaug
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I think the Stone Golems are the easiest golems to kill.
Pretty much all weapons and spells bites on it.

-Mortaug,
Old 03-05-2002, 12:49 PM   #3
J'aran
Mephistopheles

I'm not quite sure, but I think that Stone Golems require +3 weapons and greater to hit them. It could also be only blunt weapons of +3 or greater enchantment, but then again, that might apply to Clay Golems instead of Stone ones.

Sorry for being so vague, but I can't really tell those two types apart from memory. What I am sure of though, is that they have a pretty high magic resistance, so if you're going to sling spells at them, make sure you lower their resistance first.
J'aran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2002, 12:50 PM   #4
Faceman
Hathor

Golems have a lot of magic resistance, so normal melee woll probably be the easiest. Just hack at them with all your chars and drink potions if wounded. They should fall fast.
Old 03-05-2002, 03:06 PM   #5
Mortaug
Elite Waterdeep Guard

quote:
Originally posted by J'aran:
I'm not quite sure, but I think that Stone Golems require +3 weapons and greater to hit them. It could also be only blunt weapons of +3 or greater enchantment, but then again, that might apply to Clay Golems instead of Stone ones.

Sorry for being so vague, but I can't really tell those two types apart from memory. What I am sure of though, is that they have a pretty high magic resistance, so if you're going to sling spells at them, make sure you lower their resistance first.

I do not think this is correct, cause I can take them with atleast +2-weapons, and maybe also +1.
But I know that they cant take damage from just regular weapons; the only golems that does that, is the ToB-golem Magic Golem. Ahh, the Magic Golem...
You just gotta love that thing, with its blue aura surrounding it, and can be killed so easily if you just know the secret...
They are my favourite golems.

Sorry if this got a bit off-topic!

-Mortaug,
Old 03-05-2002, 03:35 PM   #6
Wedin

I think stone golems should be hit with magical slashing wepons.

Aye, Mortaug, the Magic Golem [img]smile.gif[/img] The fun thing, acording to the creatur catalog of AD&D, there are only 3 known such golems. Still, you kill 4 of them in ToB [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-05-2002, 03:39 PM   #7
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

I had fun with the Magic Golems, I sent the NPC you get in Throne Of Bhaal inside, closed the door, and had him kill them with his bare hands. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 03-05-2002: Message edited by: Luvian ]

Old 03-05-2002, 03:39 PM   #8
Mortaug
Elite Waterdeep Guard

quote:
Originally posted by Wedin:
Aye, Mortaug, the Magic Golem [img]smile.gif[/img] The fun thing, acording to the creatur catalog of AD&D, there are only 3 known such golems. Still, you kill 4 of them in ToB [img]smile.gif[/img]

Really? Funny. Where do you find that catalog?

Gee, it got off-topic again! Sorry again.

-Mortaug,
Old 03-05-2002, 10:18 PM   #9
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Stone Golems can be hit by any +2 enchanted or better weapons.

Stone Golems have 100% magic resistance, but are not immuned to fire.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote