Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-05-2003, 01:39 PM   #11
Midget Gems

Firstly on the subject of collecting treasure in DT my choice is to take just a few good items and leave the rest for the next group of adventurers who are brave enough to follow. I also like to do the 'below ground' in one clean run - no stopping or going back - just go for it. After all we are supposed to be helping to save the world!

This brings me to the doors on level -3, this is definitly a feature not a bug. When they reset I think they can all be re-opened using the original trigger points, except for Kiel's Helm, which means you can get stuck in the throne room. I tried the idea suggested by Billy Yank and couldn't make it work, so I guess I did it wrong - any more details BY. On my last visit my 2 Bards slept in the room with the levers, so that we could then carry on opening doors and progress normally (clockwise route). As a side note the traps along that route are really nasty, they even fried my summoned helpers and there are very few traps that can do that.

So it is ok to leave and come back, or sleep, but I suggest you keep a good saved game just in case.
Old 03-05-2003, 03:43 PM   #12
D*Ranged

Thanks.
Old 03-10-2003, 06:56 AM   #13
Taran
Manshoon

Yeah, now tht i think about it, if i have 90,000 gold pieces, who needs a sunstone jem?
Old 06-04-2003, 11:34 AM   #14
Darksinger
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Taran:
Yeah, now tht i think about it, if i have 90,000 gold pieces, who needs a sunstone jem?
What? Leave something of value behind???? Perish the thought!!! Everyone knows the *real* goal of BG is accumulation! More...More...MORE!!!!!! That is the true mantra of any BG Master. Death to all infidels who think otherwise!!!! Hail to RetamllI!!! (The opposite of the Goddess Illmater, and therefore the God of Gain!!!!!!
Darksinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2003, 11:47 AM   #15
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

Quote:
Originally posted by Billy Yank:
quote:
Originally posted by D*Ranged:
Thanks, but I use BG:OS.

No patches for that... [img]graemlins/crying.gif[/img]
That's because it's already patched. When you talk about DT resetting when you leave, I assume you're talking about the level with all the doors. That's not a bug, it's the way the level was designed. Remember, you can work the switches through the wall of the throne room.

The way I handled inventory was to stash everything in a container on the level I'm working on, then when I've got that level beat, make a few trips to carry everything upstairs. After my third time through, I downloaded a bag of holding from one of the BG mod sites, so I don't worry about inventory anymore.
[/QUOTE]I tried to get the bag of holding, but can not figure out how to get it in the game, please explain it to me [img]smile.gif[/img]