Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-2004, 08:08 PM   #1
karlosovic
Drizzt Do'Urden

having completed BG1 & 2 several times each, I started looking around for tips and things I might have missed. I found a small list of hard to find items.

Only 2 of the items I cant find.

Apparently there is a squirrel 1 map west of Nashkel that has an Ioun Stone of Luck, but there isnt really a map 1 west of Nashkel. Due west is a long way, or there is a map north west and south west. Either way Ive gone right through all these maps killing all the squirrels I can find (and every squirrel on every other map as well) but I am yet to find the Stone. Has anyone ever found it ?

The other item is a ring of Fire Resistence, 1 map EAST of Nashkel... to me this mean the Nashkel Fair... only there is nothing at the coordinates given
(x = 1955, y = 2372)

Anyone found this one ? Im pretty sure I usually do end up finding a ring of Fire Resistence somewhere, but I have no idea where, and I could be getting confused with BG2.

Anyone got any ideas on either of these ? Or any other secret items ? (and everyone knows about the ankheg armour so leave it out)

Also I read a post here about the Idol you can get from that archiological dig near the coast, that it has something to do with Ulcaster... Someone PLEASE spoil me on this because it sounds much more interesting than a few secret items
Old 01-15-2004, 08:53 PM   #2
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
Well, I believe the Ioun stone is a fabrication, not truly existing. As far as hidden items, I know there is a Ring of Wizardry south of the Friendly Arm Inn, don't know the coordinates, but someone will you them. Note, RoW isn't in some of the versions.

As for Idol, you give it to Ulcaster ghost, along with some book, that will then "complete" that quest. I think that's all.

Good Luck!
Dron_Cah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2004, 02:59 AM   #3
InsaneBane
Baaz Draconian

I've heard that the 'squirrel quest' was a joke, and that there is no stone of luck.

Never tried it though

[img]graemlins/greenbounce.gif[/img]
Insane
Old 01-16-2004, 04:41 AM   #4
Link
Jack Burton

SPOILER!
~
~
~
~
The Ulcaster Item is NOT worth going after for, because the item is useless for once, and you got to go through hell to get it.

And you're forgetting the Ankheg plate in Nashkel itself. Dunno the coordinates.

Oh, and there are some gems in the area where Gorion is killed. At the east of that map, somewhere in a tree you can find them.

[ 01-16-2004, 04:41 AM: Message edited by: Link ]
Link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2004, 07:37 AM   #5
karlosovic
Drizzt Do'Urden

i didnt know about the gems (thanks)... but the nashkel armour is the one i was talking about, and I dont care how pointless the ulcaster item is... i want to see it for myself

ps. ROW is in both versions Ive had, and Ive known about it for ages, but thanks anyway. On that note... I accidently found the ankheg armour on my own the first time before I ever looked at anything on the net about BG
Old 01-16-2004, 09:09 AM   #6
InsaneBane
Baaz Draconian

Visit this place

http://www.cheaters-guild.com/cheat-...aldur%60s+Gate

and get totally SPOILED about hidden items

[img]graemlins/greenbounce.gif[/img]
Insane
Old 01-16-2004, 10:46 AM   #7
ZFR
Legion Symbol

for the ulcaster item: spoiler:
give ulcaster the idol and the old armor from Fire(something) ruins... he will give you a cursed sword which heals enemies...
Note that this way you cannot complete the armor quest.
Old 01-16-2004, 02:08 PM   #8
Tyrion
Quintesson

ive never gotten the armour quest, is it in ToSC?
Old 01-16-2004, 02:44 PM   #9
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Quote:
Originally posted by Tyrion:
ive never gotten the armour quest, is it in ToSC?
No, its in the Firewine ruins...
Old 01-16-2004, 03:30 PM   #10
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by ZFR:
for the ulcaster item: spoiler:
: oozes contempt :