Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2001, 04:42 PM   #81
Ertai, Wizard Adept

Hey Memnoch !! I like Puzo too (though ive only read a pair of his books, the godfather and the last don). Anyway I think that the godfather films (especially the 1 and 2) are much better than the book (which Ive read lots of times. I usually keep it near my bed and sometimes read random parts from it ). I´m a Godfather total fan, read the books many times, saw all the films many times (i have a special edition in VHS) and i even have the soundtrack in CD !!!

Right now, I´m on exams and I´ve taken some old comics (lucky luke, tintin, pink panther...) to relax my hurt mind !!
Old 01-25-2001, 04:51 PM   #82
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

I read mostly fantasy authors, and I am ashamed to admit it, I just read the 4 Harry Potter books. Ok bash me, but I think J.K. Rawling hit on the biggest thing since C.S.Lewis; Fantasy books for young kids (I mean good fantasy books). Now I am just playing BGII until the next Robert Jordan book comes out.
Moridin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2001, 01:11 AM   #83
Moiraine
Anubis

Moridin,

I also read the Harry Potter books ! Bought them for my kid Marc (he is 9), and I read them all last summer. At last books that don't take children for stupid people ! And I think Marc has read them 4 or 5 times already.

I even used the last HP to have Marc starting to learn English (told him, either you start reading English, or you will have to wait at least 6 months for the French translation ... it worked !)
I want him to find boards of his own and be able to talk to cool people like here !
Moiraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2001, 04:13 AM   #84
Bluestar
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ladyzekke, I don't usually like horror but i love Swan Song. I also read Jordan, Brooks. I'm really liking this new series that I have started; Song of Fire and Ice by George RR Martin. I think that it is a better series than Wheel of Time. Has anyone read David Gerolds books? They are wonderful book but I would not recommend them right now. I started the series and then 4-5? books in he stopped. He has not put a book out in ?) years.
Bluestar is offline   Reply With Quote