Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2001, 03:17 PM   #1
Polgara
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I could use some helpful suggestions for what I think is the last level on Balduran's ship.I've tried all sorts of combo's and someone always dies on me.My party consists of my character-a fighter,Coran,Dyna,Branwen,Quayle and Imoen.Everyone is at least at level 7.Thanx
Polgara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2001, 04:47 PM   #2
Avenger
Elite Waterdeep Guard

just an idea, send Dynaheir and your fighter(for dynaheir 's protection so she doesnt fail the spell) up there and, after the dialog, have dynaheir cast a quick cloudkill. then run downstairs and wait it out. kind of cowardish but it works. whatever isnt dead have your tank clean out.
Avenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2001, 09:17 PM   #3
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

You don't have to send in the whole party to each new level, just clear out a level of the ship, send in the toughest fighters to the next and let the weaker NPCs hang around in the floor below.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Accord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2001, 10:25 PM   #4
Polgara
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Dyna isn't able to memorize cloudkill yet.It is a known spell in her book but no empty boxes waiting to be filled yet.(I hate that!)
I've tried a couple different combo's with my fighter.The werebeasts come at you so fast there's not enough time to do much damage to them.I tried hasting Dyna(and chanting and blessing...) and sending her up to caste the other cloud spell(stink cloud?)but she came back down with very little ht pts left,and it didn't seem to do anything to the guys upstairs.Thanx for your replies.
Old 03-29-2001, 03:28 PM   #5
Avenger
Elite Waterdeep Guard

u should either level dynaheir up before taking care of the were-things or go to sorcerous sundries in the eastern part of baldur's gate (just west of the front gate) and buy a cloudkill scroll to use on them. and stinking cloud doesnt do enough damage because it only poisins them. and thats only a few points of damage per round. a hasted fighter with AC at about -4 or -5 with a THAC0 around 7 or 8 should be able to put enough damage on some werewolves. just send him up have him do what damage he can. try to focus on one beast so all the damage goes to the same one. when his hit points get low send him downstairs, rest, and repeat. i dont think werewolves regenerate hit poins when you rest(though i could be wrong). happy wolf hunting !
Old 03-29-2001, 08:44 PM   #6
Magambo
Elite Waterdeep Guard

This is most definately a tough level. This is how I defeated it. My party consists of a Ranger (Me), Yeslick, Coran, Kivin, Imoen (Dual Classed Thief and Conjurer) and Dynaheir. The greater werewolf is immune to regular weapons. The best weapon I had against him was the bastard sword +1, +3 against shapeshifters. Arm your fighter with that. When your party first enters the level, have Dynaheir cast a fireball spell towards the south end of the ship before they turn hostile. This will put some damage on the werewolves that the greater werewolf will summon. Have your archers (in my case Coran and Kivin) target the mage standing next to the greater werewolf. If the mage does get a spell off, have Branwen (in my case Yeslick) cast dispel magic. After the mage is dead, have Branwen cast animate dead and create a buffer between you and the onslaught of werewolves. Then have your archers pick away at them. In the meantime, I had my ranger pounding on the greater werewolf while at the same time I had my mages (Imoen and Dyn) casting magic missles at him. You have to keep hitting him because he keeps regenerating. Once he is dead, everyone should focus on killing the remaining werewolves. Once I figured this strategy out, I got through the battle without a scratch on any of my characters. The key to the greater werewolf is the weapon your fighter uses. Drizit's scimitar +5 could not even touch him and don't waste arrows on him.
Magambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2001, 09:17 PM   #7
Avenger
Elite Waterdeep Guard

the last time i went through there, the only weapon i used was the Defender +5. it was just my fighter, i took out the mage first. then the greater werewolf then his goons. so the Drizzt's +5 can do some damage.
Old 03-29-2001, 09:23 PM   #8
Magambo
Elite Waterdeep Guard

All I know, is that I kept getting "weapon ineffective" for my ranger when he was equipped with the defender against the greater werewolf.
Magambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2001, 07:29 PM   #9
craiger7

Send your best Archer up while in shadows and wearing boots of speed. Shoot the beasts to the south with arrows of fire. After each shot run back down stairs. 5-8 should do it.

I have also backstabbed the mage/beast as it draws near the ladder.

Another stategy is to summon lots of help. Get them between you and danger then with a Wand of the Heavens pummel the greater beast into submission!

I agree that this level is difficult.
Old 03-31-2001, 08:32 PM   #10
Polgara
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well,I finally got through that fight.I ended up using every strength,speed,protection stuff we had.I had Dyna and Quayle summon several monsters to keep the werebeasts on the left side of the screen busy.I had my fighter gal with that dagger(she had so many icon things on her portrait I could barely see her face)go after the guy all the way to the right.I split up the rest between the other mage and finally I got them.
What a relief!Thanx again for all your suggestions.