Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2008, 06:33 PM   #1
Cerek
Registered Member
Iron Throne Cult

Default Barak Obama - Heir Apparant

Is there any question in anyone's mind that Obama will be the next President of the United States? If so, let me tell you why I feel differently.

First (and most importantly), Americans - in general - cast their votes based on emotion rather than logic or careful research and evaluation. This is a proven fact. Despite having nearly unlimited access to histories and bios of the candidates via the internet, most Americans will still base their opinion on the ads and media coverage they see. And Barak Obama has an extremely high Charisma.

Second, most Americans want a change from the current Administration. Even many conservatives are not completely happy with Bush's policies and actions and several absolutely hate the man and (by proxy) the Republican Party. So any Republican candidate is fairly well doomed from the start unless they can prove they offer a significant change from Bush.

Finally, Obama appears to be a very intelligent man who knows his strengths and weaknesses. I think his personality and Charisma will appeal to foreign leaders and increase US relationships with other countries, which has been all but destroyed under President Bush.

For those that don't know me, I'm a pretty solid, hardcore conservative. For those that do know me, I can imagine your lower jaws hanging to the floor after reading these comments from me. LOL. But I'm also a realist. There hasn't been any doubt in my mind for 6 months that Obama will be the next President. I've also predicted he will win by the largest landslide since Reagen beat Mondale in 1984.

And the biggest shock (to those that know me) is that I don't necessarily consider this to be a "bad thing".
Old 08-04-2008, 07:23 PM   #2
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Default Re: Barak Obama - Heir Apparant

All depends on the who is selected for VP>

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Felix The Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 09:14 PM   #3
Cerek
Registered Member
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix The Assassin View Post
All depends on the who is selected for VP>
Not this time. I've also suggested from the very start of the process that the Obama/Clinton "superticket" would be a surefire win, and that still holds true. The question is whether Hillary would be willing to accept the role of VP, if it were offered, or if she will decide to stay in the Senate and exert her influence from there. Ted Kennedy is the perfect example of how powerful an individual can become in the Senate.

If Hillary did take the role of VP, there is no doubt we would see the role of that office expanded like never before. She will not be the type to simply stand in the background and golf-clap at Obama's speeches. She will want to be as active in the policies, procedures and decisions of the Administration as possible. Again, that may not necessarily be a bad thing.

And let's be real, while some hardcore Hillary supporters may be disappointed she didn't get the nomination, there is no way in Hell they are gonna shift their votes to McCain, so Obama will still come out ahead. But it would be a wise move on his part to at least offer Hillary the VP office. His election as President will make history, but the impact of his Administration could be even more historical by having the first female in one of the two top offices of the nation.
Old 08-04-2008, 10:15 PM   #4
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

I'm all for Obama, not sure about Hilary though. Still, her saving grace is what she attempted to do with healthcare in the 90's, I would have loved if she got a chance to do it right in conjunction with Barack (as his VP). I am pretty sure she is off his VP list now though...
Old 08-04-2008, 10:21 PM   #5
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerek View Post
Not this time. I've also suggested from the very start of the process that the Obama/Clinton "superticket" would be a surefire win, and that still holds true. The question is whether Hillary would be willing to accept the role of VP, if it were offered, or if she will decide to stay in the Senate and exert her influence from there. Ted Kennedy is the perfect example of how powerful an individual can become in the Senate.

If Hillary did take the role of VP, there is no doubt we would see the role of that office expanded like never before. She will not be the type to simply stand in the background and golf-clap at Obama's speeches. She will want to be as active in the policies, procedures and decisions of the Administration as possible. Again, that may not necessarily be a bad thing.

And let's be real, while some hardcore Hillary supporters may be disappointed she didn't get the nomination, there is no way in Hell they are gonna shift their votes to McCain, so Obama will still come out ahead. But it would be a wise move on his part to at least offer Hillary the VP office. His election as President will make history, but the impact of his Administration could be even more historical by having the first female in one of the two top offices of the nation.
Excellent points, however;

I smell political assassination if she is on the ticket, and I know who will be the vocalist!

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Felix The Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 11:21 PM   #6
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I'm definitely a business-loving Republican, but I also want a change in world position for the US. I think Obama will create that (actually, almost any Democrat could), but if Hillary ends on his ticket, my vote will go elsewhere.

She is too "leaf in the wind" for me, changing what she needs to change in order to win the next battle. There's no substance behind her that I see.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 11:28 AM   #7
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Choc Re: Barak Obama - Heir Apparant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungleau View Post
I'm definitely a business-loving Republican, but I also want a change in world position for the US. I think Obama will create that (actually, almost any Democrat could), but if Hillary ends on his ticket, my vote will go elsewhere.

She is too "leaf in the wind" for me, changing what she needs to change in order to win the next battle. There's no substance behind her that I see.
The same could be said for Obama.
Old 08-20-2008, 03:10 PM   #8
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

From what I've seen, he didn't move to a new state after 25+ years just for the sole purpose of running for senator, and that just for the sole purpose of carrying that state in a future presidential election. The whole "Hey, I just moved in... vote for me for Senator" thing irks me.

Not that I'm against making changes to get to your future plans, but I consider that a wee bit brazen.

Still gotta get that book, though... just to read it.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 04:56 PM   #9
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

I heard a few weeks ago when it was announced that she would be his VP, that he was really doing it under force or threat or duress or whatever the word is, from the Clintons. They made it sound like he had no choice.

Can anyone explain that?
Old 08-22-2008, 12:41 AM   #10
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Variol (Farseer) Elmwood View Post
I heard a few weeks ago when it was announced that she would be his VP, that he was really doing it under force or threat or duress or whatever the word is, from the Clintons. They made it sound like he had no choice.

Can anyone explain that?
Yes- you were misinformed; no such announcement was made in any official capacity.

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Illumina Drathiran'ar is offline   Reply With Quote