Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-21-2001, 05:36 PM   #11
Penguin Boy

Hmmm, I enjoy Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, J. D. Salinger, Edgar Allan Poe, P.G. Wodehouse, Ian Fleming, Robert Frost, Paul Laurence Dunbar, Fyodor Dostoevsky, and about any book on history.
Old 01-21-2001, 05:51 PM   #12
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I'm currently reading Storm of Swords by George R.R. Martin. Very good book. I should have finished it a mnoth ago but things have been busy. Next up is Timeline by Michael Crichton which my mom sent me for christmas. Anyone read it and is it any good?
Lord of Alcohol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2001, 06:04 PM   #13
"Hell Lich" Wah

As I said as always - I love books by a man named "Joe Dever", him and his Lone Wolf Series, they kick ass!! I also read other gamebooks by Steve Jackson and Ian Livingstone and even my mum's cookery book.........well at least the cover anyway .
Old 01-21-2001, 06:07 PM   #14
Rikard T'Aranaxz
Harper

And steven king
Micheal Crichton
and
John Grisham
also Asimov and Silverberg
Rikard T'Aranaxz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2001, 06:59 PM   #15
Talieson

I read just about anything. I love Fantasy and Action/Adventure. History is great two. I like J.V. Jones, Salvatore, Goodkind, Terry Brooks (Sword of Shannara), Lawhead, Grishom,
Ludlum, Brain Lumley. Many others to numerous to mention. I'm going to try Robin Hodd. I truly love fromn the Very bottom of my heart
J.R.R. Tolkein. I don't have a clue how amnay times I have read those books. My mother-in-law gave me the BBC Radio adaption
for Christmas and thats all I listened two for two or three days at work. One of the greatest books I have ever read (over and over again). I even took them with me, to Saudi Arabia, during the Gulf War. Oh well, I guess you can tell I'm a fan. Can't wait for the movie.
during the Gulf
Old 01-21-2001, 07:14 PM   #16
Gabriel
Emerald Dragon

Greetting, i enjoy and have read books by the followings, the titles are to many to list.
Ed Greenwood, Jeff Grub, R.A.Salvatore, Margaret Weis, Don Perrin, Anne Macaffrey, Terry Brooks, David Eddings, Elaine Cunningham, Terry Pratchett, Weis&Hickman and Stan Nicholls. i also have other books who's authors i can't remember.
Gabriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2001, 07:17 PM   #17
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Talieson, you should also try C.S. Friedman, you won't regret it. The "Coldfire" series and "In Conquest Born" were excellent fantasy books! My personal favorite! BTW, sounds like you are in the military?
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2001, 07:28 PM   #18
Drake
Baaz Draconian

I once put up a post such as this one. If you want to see it I think this should work.

Click Here

Yes it is big but it should get you there.

(Ziroc: I fixed the long link for ya)

[This message has been edited by Ziroc (edited 03-06-2001).]
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2001, 07:54 PM   #19
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Just trying to have a poll of my own here. Why so negative, Armageddonx, Rikard, Drake?
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2001, 08:05 PM   #20
Drake
Baaz Draconian

I was not being negative. There was just a lot of good answers there.
Believe me I ment no offence at all.
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote