Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2001, 01:12 AM   #1
Blubal
Elite Waterdeep Guard

The Kraokenden hammer is the one you get from king Freyedies. It has pretty nice stats, I think, but I can't get it to work. It says it uses the mace skill, and is 2 handed. When held, the RIGHT slot lights up green, not the left (because it looks too big to fit in left slot anyway). I gave it to my lizard warrior, who has mace skill to 3 or 4. It equips fine, but does not show up on the animation in the top left corner. When I encounter an enemy, the "fight" scroll shows up blank (like it wants to use my left hand which is "empty" -- but the hammer IS a 2-handed weapon LOL). I found that I can manually click the up or down arrow on the scroll, and it will toggle to the hammer. But when I use it, I hit for 1-3 damage, and this hammer is supposed to hit for (if I remember correctly) 5-20 damage! So I don't think it's working right at all. Anyone else get this hammer to work?
Blubal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2001, 10:02 AM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Welcome to the board, Blubal!!!

Having never killed King Freyedies I have never taken his hammer and given it a try. Have you tried equipping something into the left weapon slot after you've equipped the hammer into the right? Have you checked your character's stats before and after equipping the hammer to see if there are any changes happening which might account for the lesser damage?

Hopefully someone who has used the hammer will come along and solve the mystery for you!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2001, 10:07 AM   #3
skywalker
Banned User

I did try the hammer once (I think I stole it from, but I may have killed him! Don't worry it was only a test and I returned to an earlier save!)and I could not get it to work either! If anyone has, I too, wouldbe interested!

Mark
skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2001, 01:39 PM   #4
Blubal
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Glad to be here -- these forums look really helpful!

I am at work now, so I can't check any stats changing, but I know it wouldn't allow me to equip a weapon in the left hand while the hammer was equiped in the right. This makes sense, of course, because it's a 2 handed weapon. Sure would be a nice weapon to use..... And YES, I feel guilty for killing the king, but I got caught stealing from him (was fooling around -- never tried to steal before), and things went downhill from there. But my God! I have over 100,000 cash now, and got LOTS of nice robes and weapons. And got a LOT of exp for killing him and all the guards.

I also happened to get the Assassin's Dagger last night too. And I didn't know it would take it from me when I said "yes, I want to be an assassin" in the Pawn Shop. I reloaded just to experiment with offhand weapons. I got slightly different results with the assassin's dagger in the offhand on my rogue. First, when I got into a battle, it showed the rogue's War Axe (not blank, like the lizard). Second, it would NOT let me toggle to select the dagger, it stayed on the axe. This brings me to another question. How do you USE the offhand weapon assuming that this dagger is working correctly? It seemed that my rogue always used the axe even tough the dagger was equipped in the right hand. In fact, I got the same results with a "side axe" or whatever it was called -- never seemed to swing the offhand weapon.
Old 09-19-2001, 06:00 PM   #5
AliCat
Drow Warrior

You can only use a second weapon if you have trained in "Second Weapon". This training is available at the dojo only after a certain level of experience.
AliCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2001, 10:40 PM   #6
Blubal
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks for the tip -- I will try this out. Does this mean I have to be a Samurai to train the offhand weapon in the Dojo? And if I learn it, can I change to a different class, and retain the skill?
Old 09-19-2001, 11:46 PM   #7
Scronan
Zhentarim Guard

Hi Blubal,

I never tried to get that hammer, but I did notice when I tried out the Hammer of Orion (which looks just like the Stout King's Hammer), there was no picture of my character holding it.

And when I tried to fight with it, the character attacked like he was bare handed. There seems to be some kind of a bug, but I'm not sure if it is the same with Krakendon (sp?).

Good luck!

Scronan
Scronan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2001, 12:00 AM   #8
Blubal
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Yes, that's what happened to me exactly. Then I found I could toggle it from the blank scroll to the hammer (each time, which was a pain), BUT, even though it made a different sound effect, it still only hit for 1-3 points. It really looks like a bug, unless we need to train in 2nd hand weapons to get it to work. But in this case, it's a 2-hander held in the right hand, so it really shouldn't need this skill.
Old 09-20-2001, 12:52 AM   #9
Jafin
Symbol of Cyric

I've never killed Freyedies and taken his hammer so I really don't know what's going on there. Might be some sort of glitch. It sounds like that to me.

As for the Assassin's Dagger, to use it you need the Second Weapon skill which you get after getting the Doublestrike Trait. The second weapon skill will determine how often you attack with the second weapon. This skill is available in the dojo but also in the warrior's guild. I'm not sure what level you have to be in the guild though. Offhand weapons work like this: You have one weapon in your first hand and then the other in your offhand. When you attack the second weapon will after the first one if the first one was successful. The second weapon may not hit however, if your second weapon skill is low. The higher the second weapon skill the more you hit with your offhand weapon. You don't have to switch to the offhand weapon, it will automatically hit.

You CAN keep the assassin's dagger and become an assassin. It will only work if your game is not patched however. When you go into the guild and he starts talking about if you want to be an assassin simply right-click on the portrait of the character who has the dagger. Now give the dagger to somebody else. Exit back to the shop screen. The guild master will ask if you want to be an assassin. Say yes and leave the shop. Now you should be an assassin and the dagger will be in the inventory of the character that you gave it to. You could do this repeatedly and get 6 assassins if you really wanted to....

-Jafin

------------------

Proud Citizen of the United States of America
The Original Arch-Mage of the HADB
Destroyer of the evil Bunnies
Proprietor of the Boogre Bar
Jafin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2001, 09:02 AM   #10
Jazzid
Manshoon

Hi, I've been following your discussion about the hammer. If I remember correctly, King Freyedies told me when I asked him about the hammer that it could only be used by a king. That might be the reason why the hammer doesn't work properly.

Also, I've equipped a second weapon with my assassin and my monk, which both have a decent kung-fu skill, and they do get a second attack without having the particular 2nd weapon skill.

//Jazzid
Jazzid is offline   Reply With Quote