Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2003, 05:34 PM   #11
Grendal
Manshoon

You are Wiccan Chewbacca? Merry meet! Happy Mabon and may the Goddess be with you during Samhain!

[ 09-16-2003, 05:35 PM: Message edited by: Grendal ]
Old 09-16-2003, 06:01 PM   #12
Son of Osiris

Quote:
Originally posted by cloud ff7 38:
im tired of all these religious people coming to my door at 8:00 in the morning I DONT WANT TO COVERT TO MORMANISM DUMASSES jeeze these people annoy me i got to go to work at 10 also i dont have a religion and probably never will and i dont mean to be offensive to anybody who is into their faith. Still these people need real jobs.
Hey, it could be worse. They could still be doing this:

[img]graemlins/whipitgood.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/whackya.gif[/img]

On the other hand, yes, they are kind of annoying. But I can give you a few pointers as to how to get them to leave you alone.

1. Come to the door with a Hockey Mask and a Chainsaw. They'll definately leave.
2. Get one of those "Do Not Solicit" signs. Other sign suggestions are "No Tresspassing." or "Beware of Rabid Pitbull With Aids."
3. Ductape the American Constitution, Canadian Bill of Rights, etc. to your Door. Anything that says anything supporting freedom of Religion. And write at the bottom something like "And if you don't like it, too bad!"
4. Go to www.lakesideguns.com and buy yourself a nice machine gun. Next time they come to the door, take the gun with you and keep it in plain sight (if you're an American.)

I have a couple more, but they might be a bit dangerous.

Old 09-16-2003, 09:26 PM   #13
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

cloud ff7 38:

1. I will let you in on some information. I have counted at least five members of Ironworks who are members of the L.D.S. church, commonly called Mormons. Notice this rule in our TOS: Be Clean: Adhere to decency and refrain from abusive or hateful language, while cussing isn't censored, please don't direct the words towards someone in a hateful or demeaning way.

If this happens again, then I will assume that you have purposely ignored what our Webmaster has asked of us.

2. Being a Mormon and having served a mission, I know that missionaries of our church are not allowed to leave their appartments until 9:30am. Tracting at 8am is against the rules. If you are telling the truth about this occurance, then one of two things has happened.

• The people are not Mormon. There are Churches out there that are calling themselves the "reformed" church of LDS...a breakoff from us and the true Mormons have nothing to do with them. Their base is in Missouri. If not them, then you have mistaken JWs for Mormons.

• If they are true missionaries from the Church of LDS, then they are breaking the rules of thier mission and need to be reported. Give me the city and state that you are living in, and also the street they were tracting and I will report them to their superior for you. There is nothing I hate more than a missionary breaking the rules, and I will put a stop to it now, if you want me to. I have some ability to get the message to the right people in a matter of a phone call.

Old 09-16-2003, 09:31 PM   #14
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

And I better close this now. I can see fire in the distance. [img]smile.gif[/img]

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album