Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2003, 12:38 PM   #11
Kaltia
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Zuvio:
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Lothar:
Aye, I be hearin ye wind blowin past me vessel as I be typin this post. Ye storm be a lot weaker than ye thunderstorms me mateys here experienced in ye summer. Not be a concern at all...arrr
Errr... Come again? [/QUOTE]It's "talk like a pirate" day today [img]tongue.gif[/img]

The wolf is as cunning as he is ferocious; once he's had a taste of flesh then nothing else will do.
Old 09-19-2003, 12:41 PM   #12
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Has anyone got any word from Lady Zekke yet?
Old 09-19-2003, 02:16 PM   #13
Son of Osiris

Let me get one thing straight: Late at night, it dropped to the level of a Tropical Storm, so now you got "Tropical Storm Isabel."

Old 09-19-2003, 02:17 PM   #14
Charlie
Lord Ao

I been thinking the exact same thing Gangrell. I known her a fair while, she's a survivor no doubt.

I'd still be happier if I heard from her though.
[img]\"http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/ladyzekke/england1.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />One Love, Peace. [img]\"http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/ladyzekke/pissr.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> [img]\"http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/ladyzekke/piss.gif\" alt=\" - \" />
Old 09-19-2003, 02:27 PM   #15
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

I know Charlie, it would be reassuring to know that she's alright.
Old 09-19-2003, 08:05 PM   #16
Gab
Zhentarim Guard

Arrow

Quote:
Originally posted by InsaneBane:
I have heard that it was not at all as tough as it was feared to be. Is that correct?

[img]graemlins/greenbounce.gif[/img]
Insane
Correct! It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. There was some very hevy rain in my city (Ottawa) that was contributed by the hurricane.
Old 09-19-2003, 08:09 PM   #17
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

If you watched the weather channel, you can see that the hurricane did as much damage as people expected.
Old 09-19-2003, 09:03 PM   #18
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Hi guys! I made it through the hurricane! Just got our power back on a few hours ago, it went out early yesterday evening when the storm started kicking in. What a night! Both very scary, but also at times kinda mezmerizing. I'm sooooooooooooo glad I bought all these flashlights and other different sorts of battery powered lights, so we wouldn't have to use candles, and I had my 4 inch b&W TV as well. MAN did the wind gusts get big! They'd come out of nowhere and it just scared the crap outta me for the first few hours, debris was flying all over the place, hitting the house. And it was raining hard on and off the entire time. Was weird how the rain and wind would like stop out of nowhere, and all would be calm for like 20 minutes, making you think maybe it was all over with. But no, whooooosssshhhh out of nowhere and it would all begin again. Then came some lightning and thunder (yay), which made me fear tornados popping up, but luckily no tornado came. After a few hours, around 10:00pm, I guess I got a bit used to it, not so scared, and started opening the front door and just looking at it. And ohhh, the air from that wind was so fresh it was wonderful. So for a while I left the door wide open in the living room, propped my little TV on a few phone books on the coffee table, and watched the news showing the eye going directly over us, with the room totally bright because of my handy-dandy gadget lights

Of course our basement totally flooded because no sump pump working without electricity. Spent about 4 or 5 hours literally soaking up water with a small towel and wringing it out into a bucket this morning. Gotta do it, or more things will get ruined and that funky smell will permeate the entire house, including upstairs. We lost a LOT of trees, and a lot of power lines were laying all over the roads here. I feel lucky we actually have power this soon, I fully expected it to be out for 3 days or so, because 150,000 in our area are still out. OMG Old Town Alexandria (about 10 minutes away from my house) is under about 4 feet of water!

I'm glad we don't get hurricanes except for every 10-15 years, I'm fine with that! Although, again, it is something that I will never forget because it was so frightening, but I will also never forget taking huge lungfuls of that beautiful air, with the rain spray hitting my face.
[img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 09-19-2003, 09:09 PM: Message edited by: ladyzekke ]

Reality Show Recaps
Old 09-19-2003, 09:12 PM   #19
Grendal
Manshoon

Glad you came through ok Lady! Although watching cnn today others werent as lucky. 15 ppl killed and Quite a bit o damage...although downgraded to a Cat.2 at landfall it could have been much worse. But great to hear of your adventure! I have always loved storms and would love to see something like that,(long as I was in a REALLY large concrete structure!
Old 09-19-2003, 09:14 PM   #20
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
Glad to see it was such a light storm. Ladyzekke, I'm assuming ya'll got the eye for it to be so destructive. My family and I got the edge of Andrew when it hit as a Cat.5, but nothing near so bad as what you got happened.

[ 09-19-2003, 09:16 PM: Message edited by: Firestormalpha ]

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com