Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2003, 11:19 PM   #21
Grendal
Manshoon

Just saw an update...17 deaths attributed to the storm, the damage so far seems to be just under a billion dollars.
Old 09-20-2003, 04:58 AM   #22
Raistlin Majere
Ra

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaltia:
quote:
Originally posted by Zuvio:
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Lothar:
Aye, I be hearin ye wind blowin past me vessel as I be typin this post. Ye storm be a lot weaker than ye thunderstorms me mateys here experienced in ye summer. Not be a concern at all...arrr
Errr... Come again? [/QUOTE]It's "talk like a pirate" day today [img]tongue.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]correction: its talk like "that sailor dude from the Simpsons" day

"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds."
Old 09-20-2003, 05:00 AM   #23
Raistlin Majere
Ra

Quote:
Originally posted by Firestormalpha:
Glad to see it was such a light storm. Ladyzekke, I'm assuming ya'll got the eye for it to be so destructive. My family and I got the edge of Andrew when it hit as a Cat.5, but nothing near so bad as what you got happened.
the edge of Andrew?! wow, thats something to tell your grand-children

"I am become death, the destroyer of worlds."
Old 09-21-2003, 09:13 PM   #24
Skydracgrrl
Silver Dragon

heh, i feel for ya ladyzekke. I got hit by the hurricane too.. unfortunately i live in the equivalent of a forest so quite a few trees fell. luckily because of the winds caused by the hurricane instead of landing on our house (which is the normal way the wind blows) they all landed in the opposite direction.. mainly the neighborhood nearby [img]smile.gif[/img]

Definitely getting a generator hooked up to the sub-pump in the basement though.. tired of mopping up ground water and carrying it upstairs to dump outside just because the pump isnt doing its job.. damn electricity *sighs*

and i have to wait until at least tuesday before the water is no longer "contaminated" ... I'm just glad i had no power for less than 24 hours, one of my friends prolly wont get their power til friday, and they run on well water so they don't have any water as well.. :/
Old 09-21-2003, 09:52 PM   #25
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Skydracgrrl:
heh, i feel for ya ladyzekke. I got hit by the hurricane too.. unfortunately i live in the equivalent of a forest so quite a few trees fell. luckily because of the winds caused by the hurricane instead of landing on our house (which is the normal way the wind blows) they all landed in the opposite direction.. mainly the neighborhood nearby [img]smile.gif[/img]

Definitely getting a generator hooked up to the sub-pump in the basement though.. tired of mopping up ground water and carrying it upstairs to dump outside just because the pump isnt doing its job.. damn electricity *sighs*

and i have to wait until at least tuesday before the water is no longer "contaminated" ... I'm just glad i had no power for less than 24 hours, one of my friends prolly wont get their power til friday, and they run on well water so they don't have any water as well.. :/
Well I'm glad the wind blew the right way for you and you didn't have any tree damage at your house! Same for my end, lots of downed trees reeally close by, but not on my street :0 Whew!!

I live in a duplex townhouse, so we have another house directly attached to ours. So our neighbor's fancy-pancy sump pump actually keeps our basement from flooding. But of course without power that doesn't work LOL. Thing is, we bought this house 3 years ago, and since then have discovered these holes, a foot apart, all on the basement floor along the walls. When the ground gets totally saturated (which it has been for months for everyone in Virginia), and we get a heavy rain, and no elec/sump pump, the water that floods our basement comes from these holes. So that is what has to be done, sealing these wretched holes! I'm sick of basement flooding!

I heard that Fairfax and Loudon counties can't drink tap water yet. Not sure if that is the same case in our area, I haven't heard anything about it, but I bought a 24 pack of Deer Park, so I'm just going to play it safe and just drink the bottled water, by the time I finish it all the water plants should be up and running and on-tap so to speak.

No doubt we could have it worse. Others are still without power. Heck I tried to go to CompUSA today and it was closed because of no power still, so many are still out. And many have electricity but no net access or cable TV, or water, or phones, etc.

Uggg, at least we don't live in Old Town Alexandria! [img]graemlins/uhoh1.gif[/img]

[ 09-21-2003, 09:54 PM: Message edited by: ladyzekke ]

Reality Show Recaps