Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2003, 12:29 PM   #41
KDogRex
Symbol of Cyric

A couple of personal favs:

The Hitcher - Rutger Hauer is so evil in that movie. And all you can do is wonder what could happen to you on a long stretch of deserted highway...

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre - Both Original and the new remake. VERY creepy movies

Hellraiser - The feeling of sheer terror and hopelessness in the first movie are unparallelled

There's my 2 copper!!
Old 11-14-2003, 12:41 PM   #42
JrKASperov
Fzoul Chembryl

The only scary movie that ever managed to scare me is The Blair Witch project. And not only did it scare me, it scared my pants off, really bad... Many think this movie is not that good, but I got sucked in, because those three young people are typical for the average stupid student, with their constant bickering and arguing. I loved it and spat at their names because it was so frustrating to see dumb people argue. Then suddenly, the movie becomes scary as hell, when you are sucked in, like the scene in which the tent goes shaking, really put a permanent shock on me... Then there is the scene in which you see that dude just standing there! [img]redface.gif[/img]
Old 11-15-2003, 01:55 AM   #43
Dalamar Stormcrow
Banned User

Now this may be stupid..... but when i saw the tommyknockers that scared the hell out of me. I mean the cinder blocks floating up and pounding that woman.... and the doll sitting there.
Old 11-15-2003, 02:00 PM   #44
Grendal
Manshoon

The Exorcist for sure...those subliminal scenes still make my skin crawl
The Exorcist III
Carrie With Sissy Spacek (sp?)
Ghost Story
The Changeling
and I cant wait for Gothica
Oh ya and as silly as it seems I have to add Disneys 50s cartoon of "The legend of Sleepy Hollow" That has to played every halloween before the main featre!
Old 11-15-2003, 02:38 PM   #45
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Ya Grendal, Gothica definatley looks like a good one

Scariest movie I ever saw was definatley the Ring. I saw Exorsist, but that movie was more of a gross-me-out rather than scarey [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-15-2003, 03:12 PM   #46
Zuvio
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Lady Blue03:
Ya Grendal, Gothica definatley looks like a good one

Scariest movie I ever saw was definatley the Ring. I saw Exorsist, but that movie was more of a gross-me-out rather than scarey [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Did you see the original Ringo too? The japanese one? If you can stand japanese movies (they are very different from american directing) then you should definitely watch that one. It's much more atmospheric and in-depth than the american one. Much more spookier as well.
Old 11-15-2003, 08:46 PM   #47
Nerull
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by Grendal:
The Changeling
and I cant wait for Gothica
Oh ya and as silly as it seems I have to add Disneys 50s cartoon of "The legend of Sleepy Hollow" That has to played every halloween before the main featre!
I was trying to think of the one with George C. Scott; I just didn't remember the title (The Changeling). Good movie.

I also am looking forward to Gothica. It looks like it might be good (then again, might be a bomb; you can't truly tell from trailers and commercials).

It's been many a year since I've seen that Disney cartoon version, and I love that one. Do you know if it is out on DVD/Video? I would definitely drop the money for that one (not scary, but just plain good).
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Old 11-15-2003, 09:08 PM   #48
Grendal
Manshoon

I saw Sleepy Hollow on video tape a few years ago but I think the tape was called Disneys Halloween Collection...Im sure if you looked for it you could still find it.
Old 11-15-2003, 11:33 PM   #49
Nerull
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by Grendal:
I saw Sleepy Hollow on video tape a few years ago but I think the tape was called Disneys Halloween Collection...Im sure if you looked for it you could still find it.
Ah, no wonder I couldn't find it! I was checking for "Sleepy Hollow" and "Legend of Sleepy Hollow". Didn't think to look under that (though that one will probably have the old cartoon with Daffy, Goofy, and Mickey as ghost hunters; I loved that one, too!).
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Old 11-15-2003, 11:49 PM   #50
Sythe
Ra

The THING!!

If you don't know the story or anything about it. And you watch and don't know what the hell is going on.......it's scary. The first time is scary as hell!! I wet my pants.....4 times in that movie!!! j/k

GO see it.