Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)

Old 12-05-2006, 03:25 AM   #1
Balintherlas
Symbol of Cyric

[MOVIE] The Punisher 2

Well looks like its in the works, to be out 2007, I dont know much more about it other than Thomas Jane is the Punisher. Im physced about this, i liked the first movie, and he punisher was always one of my favorite super heroes cus he was human and didnt hav any special powers, plus i think the first one was the only super hero movie to hav an R rating.
Old 12-05-2006, 05:53 PM   #2
shadowhound
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Excellent, am looking forward to it.
Old 12-05-2006, 11:04 PM   #3
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Which of the two punishers is it following on from? The Dolph Lundgren one, or the John Travolta one?
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 11:54 PM   #4
Balintherlas
Symbol of Cyric

It says that Castle (Jane) is going to take on a crime boss who is trying to take over the underworld
Old 12-06-2006, 06:01 PM   #5
shadowhound
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I assume that since its Thomas Jane that it will be a continuation of the Travolta punisher.
Old 03-23-2009, 01:40 PM   #6
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Default Re: The Punisher 2

Punisher: War Zone was actually pretty good. I thought they nailed the Punisher Character and the criminals were badass as well. I am not a fan of blood and gore so I didn't enjoy this movie as much as I could have due to the very graphic blood and gore. Just knowing someone is dead is enough for me I don't have to examine every close up of every wound, and prefer to use my imagination. But story and character wise it was better than the first.
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 04:27 PM   #7
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally Posted by pritchke View Post
Punisher: War Zone was actually pretty good. I thought they nailed the Punisher Character and the criminals were badass as well. I am not a fan of blood and gore so I didn't enjoy this movie as much as I could have due to the very graphic blood and gore. Just knowing someone is dead is enough for me I don't have to examine every close up of every wound, and prefer to use my imagination. But story and character wise it was better than the first.
Was it? I have heard the reboot (war zone) was very gorey and I kinda avoided it. Still, if the story warrants gore I will watch it, but I don't like it being there for no reason....if that makes any sense. The Punisher is the bad hero, as far as marvel heroes go, so alot of blood and violence was always his thing. He isn't into trapping people in webs, he's into demolishing them.

I did see the "Travolta" one and thought it was a little retarded and camped up quite a bit. I mean, watchable but not sequel-worthy IMO.
Old 03-23-2009, 05:27 PM   #8
pritchke

Sunglass Man Re: The Punisher 2

I found the blood and gore was unnessacary for the most part. The making of Jigsaw was fine and the least gory of the gore. But for all those minor characters do we really need to see the gaping hole, and inside the hole to see the guy is dead that the punisher just offed. The first Punisher was better in terms of this as it didn't show lots of unnessacary Blood and Gore. I think they stuck it in to appeal to a certain audiance that likes gross horror, my wife couldn't watch it as a result. Even I had a hard time focusing on the story, plot, characters and the conflict that was within the Punisher after shooting an undercover FBI agent. You most likely would not of liked it for that very reason. It seems that the art in movie making is a lost art as many seem to rely on graphics, gore, and CGI now. An example JAWS would make someone crap there pants just when the music started to play, other movies used shadows on the wall to make there point.
Old 03-23-2009, 09:25 PM   #9
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

One of the best horror movies I ever saw didn't have a drop of blood in it... it was an Alfred Hitchcock movie, the Birds, perhaps... had me on the edge of my seat, and afterwards, I realized there was no blood in it at all.

A *GOOD* director doesn't need it...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 03:35 PM   #10
pritchke

The Birds is another fine example, I remember that movie being scary as well. I think I was afraid to go outside for a few weeks after watching that one. OK a bit exaggerated but I am sure I eyed each bird I saw suspiciously as if at any moment it would fly up a pick my eyes out. Someone should start a new thread of classic horror movies done right without gore and special effects.

Last edited by pritchke; 03-24-2009 at 03:39 PM.