Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-12-2003, 03:57 PM   #1
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

I just found out one of my closest friends tried to committ suicide last week. I hadn't talked to them in a week and I just found out. They are ridiculously depressed but yet refuse to go back to the hospital or anything. I mean I have no idea what to say to them or anything. I just went and visited them and they were just crying and in terrible shape, I have a feeling they will probably attempt it again. I know this is a difficult question to answer but what can I do or say to them? Maybe someone on here had the same misfortune of having to go through something like this, so I was just looking for some advice. Sorry to bring you all down with this, but I am at a loss as to what to do.
Old 09-12-2003, 04:03 PM   #2
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

Azrael I am so sorry to hear that. I have never had to deal with anything of this nature. I could only say is to be a true friend and be there for this person. Be a postive influence and incourage them to seek professional help.
Old 09-12-2003, 04:07 PM   #3
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

I know someone who was like that, maybe not quite so bad. Tell them that life is worth living, all they have to carry on for. And I would try and get someone to talk to them.

I'm really sorry to hear about it.

aka Loc der Graf, Quillruke
Old 09-12-2003, 04:08 PM   #4
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Oh sorry... I had a friend who has commited suicide in the first year of highschool. She hung herself. That happend last year. She was only 15...

[ 09-12-2003, 04:10 PM: Message edited by: Xen ]
Old 09-12-2003, 04:40 PM   #5
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

Its almost like they wont even listen. I really have a feeling they might try it again. I went over there, and they were drunk and had taken an antipsycotic medication called seraquel and 3 metabolife. they had a nasty run in with their X eariler today too which caused them to just go nuts agin. I am really worried.
Old 09-12-2003, 04:47 PM   #6
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Quote:
Originally posted by AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe:
Its almost like they wont even listen. I really have a feeling they might try it again. I went over there, and they were drunk and had taken an antipsycotic medication called seraquel and 3 metabolife. they had a nasty run in with their X eariler today too which caused them to just go nuts agin. I am really worried.
Crap...try to talk with them again... but let me tell you somethig. When a men decides that he will do something-suicide-he will probably do it. Truth hurts...

I don`t know man... ask them why they don`t want to talk.
Old 09-12-2003, 04:48 PM   #7
john
Drizzt Do'Urden

Try to talk them into leaving the area that seems to be holding whatever it is thats bothering them so much,and make sure you let them know how much you care for them.And that their family and friends will feel so hurt if they hurt themselves.I can't think of anything else but will say a prayer for them and you as well.Hope things work out...
Old 09-12-2003, 04:49 PM   #8
john
Drizzt Do'Urden

A p.s. let them know that no matter how bad things seem tomorrow is another day and things always get better..
Old 09-12-2003, 04:52 PM   #9
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Quote:
Originally posted by john:
A p.s. let them know that no matter how bad things seem tomorrow is another day and things always get better..
Yeah good advice...

Here`s another:

"Live to fight another day"... meaning:survive this day and fight with the problem tommorow...
Old 09-12-2003, 04:55 PM   #10
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

Exclamation

They would say they are tired of fighting, and that they know tomorrow will be the same or worse. They have been really depressed for a long time. Thank you all for your advice and concern.