Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)

Old 09-22-2002, 05:40 PM   #1
SomeGuy
Unicorn

Forgotten Realms has done games and books and maybe some other stuff I have forgotten to list here,but have they dont movies?I think it would be a good idea if they made a movie of baldurs gate,or Icewind Dale.They should make a moive about the The Crystal Shard.(One of the first books R.A. Salvatore(sp?) wrote about Drizzt Do'Urden.) I would really like to see something like that.
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
SomeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2002, 06:36 PM   #2
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Hasbro (the company that bought Wizards of the Coast, which bought TSR a few years earlier which owns the copyright to Dungeons and Dragons, as well as forgotten realms, greyhawk, dragonlance, dark sun, birthright, kara-tur, spelljammer, al qadim, etc) made a dungeons and dragons movie a couple years ago, titled, inventively enough, "dungeons and dragons" it was a horrible piece of swill that set the legitimacy of gaming back ten years if not longer. but it was not set in any definable d&d setting...

In the 80's there was a dungeons and dragons cartoon, which i loved, and still have quite a few taped episodes, from when it was rerun briefly on fox in 2000, and there are cameo's by the cast in the adventurers mart in bg2.

There have been rumors of a forgotten realms tv show, by the people who do Xena and Hercules, but I haven't heard of anything more definite than a few scattered rumors.
Old 10-02-2002, 07:43 PM   #3
the sauceman
Zhentarim Guard

I think a FR movie would be fantastic, but LOTR is taking over everyones mind, and Im not sure if a movie set in the FR world would hold up to LOTR because everyone and their mother would criticize it. "LOTR had elves first, why is this movie trying to copy them like that?" and so on and so forth.
So Im not sure if a FR movie would be the greatest move right now, but I could be wrong.
Old 10-03-2002, 02:49 AM   #4
Darkman

I too would like to see some more fantasy movies being made, whether they be Forgetten Realms or some other setting. Hopefully The Lord of the Rings' great success will help to show Hollywood that there is a large demand for these types of movies.

Although I wasn't a *die-hard* fan of the Drizzt books, I still liked them very much. They just seemed to taper off in quality with the later books, and Drizzt became too powerful and holier-than-thou-art in my opinion. BUT, I think the Drizzt novels would translate very well onto the big screen, with all the action and swirling scimtar goodnees. A Drizzt movie starting with his childhood in the Underdark, then his escape and first few adventures on the surface all the way up to him meeting with Bruenor in the Dale would friggin OWN. The sequel would of course carry on from there, with the Crystal Shard, the attack of the Drow, and Drizzt's epic fights with Entreri... I can't wait
Old 10-05-2002, 03:20 PM   #5
Spikeous
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Morgeruat...

You put that comment about the D&D movie way too nicely. The movie just flat out sucked.

On another note, what happned to the Hobbit Movie? I mean, I know there was a cartoon one, but what about this new series. I don't know about you, but The Hobbit was my favorite LOTR book.
Old 10-07-2002, 05:08 AM   #6
Anarion

i thought the d&d movie wasnt that bad, it avoided the cliche in some places, but ran slap bang into it in others- hairy dwarf who growles, a female sorcerer, and a baddie who looks like saervok. it wasnt too bad though- could have been a LOT worse..
Old 10-07-2002, 04:04 PM   #7
Gazza
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Morgeruat:
[QB]In the 80's there was a dungeons and dragons cartoon, which i loved, and still have quite a few taped episodes, from when it was rerun briefly on fox in 2000, and there are cameo's by the cast in the adventurers mart in bg2.QB]
I used to love that cartoon as well but where are they in BG2 i've never actually seen them.
Gazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2002, 06:18 PM   #8
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

they are on the back wall of the adventurers mart,IIRC there is Eric (the ranger) and Bobby (the Barbarian) I'm not sure if Uni was there or not
Old 10-09-2002, 04:42 PM   #9
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

There is also a painting hanging in the props room of the theater in the bridge district that I think looks suspiciously related to those in Ribald's shop. Anyone else ever notice this?
Old 10-10-2002, 05:37 AM   #10
Daniel
Symbol of Cyric

The Forgotten realms TV Series is currently being written by Bob Salvatore, big artical about it can be found on Salvatore's web site.

Here's the article http://www.rasalvatore.com/fireworks.html also Salvatore stated in an interview that he would like to use this oppotunaty to create a Drow mini film. Could he be plotting to sneak Drizzt onto the big screen? we can only wait and see - personally I hope not, I am a huge Salvatore and Drizzt fan and fear that a TV appearance would ruin Drizzt for me, TV tends to do that to my favourite characters.

[ 10-10-2002, 05:39 AM: Message edited by: Daniel ]
Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote