Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2002, 12:30 AM   #1
untouchable
Manshoon

I know that you can get some good items is BG2 by pickpocketing early in the game. Is this the same in BG1? if so could you please describe the item and location, thanks.
Old 07-26-2002, 12:34 AM   #2
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
Spoiler
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
I'm not positive, but I think you can get Algernon's cloak from Algernon in Feldepost's Inn in the town of Beregost. Someone asks you to steal it for them later in the game but it's for a measly 500 gold. By that point you're usually too rich to care about 5000 gold much less 500.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Firestormalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2002, 03:20 AM   #3
Sir Heinrich Godfrie IV
Zhentarim Guard

You can also pickpocket Drizzt's Scimtar +3, but doing this will cause even the toughest of opponents to become ridiculusly easy. So it's up to you, but I definetly wouldn't recomend it. Especially if this is your first time playing BG1.
Old 07-27-2002, 02:51 PM   #4
Waldie
Dungeon Master

It was like 2 years ago I played bg1 the last time so I dont remember mutch, but you can pickpocket a whore and get the cloak of balduran, dont remember, where she is but its in a building with lots of whores, and she is the only one with a name
Old 07-27-2002, 03:55 PM   #5
Wilbur
Zhentarim Guard

She is in the undercellar beneath the singing or blushing mermaid, i think. the one where you meet the ogre. it also has a sewer entrance.
Wilbur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2002, 04:42 PM   #6
Sir Heinrich Godfrie IV
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Posted By: Wilbur
She is in the undercellar beneath the singing or blushing mermaid, i think. the one where you meet the ogre. it also has a sewer entrance.
Actually it's the sewers right next to the Low Lantern. Her name is Quenash.
Old 07-27-2002, 05:13 PM   #7
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
Sir Heinrich,
Actually it is the under cellar beneath the Blushing Mermaid. I should know that is precisely where I found it. It is nowhere near the Low Lantern. So Booyaka!!!!

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Firestormalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2002, 05:26 PM   #8
DaemonJ
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Definitely Algernon's Cloak from Algernon in Feldpost's Inn in Beregost is the best pick-pocket item in the game.

If you don't have TotSC installed, you can pickpocket both scimitars and the armor from Drizzt. If you have TotSC installed, you can only get the +3 scimitar.

The Longbow of Marksmanship from the ghost in the Firewind Dungeon is also a nice find.

You can pickpocket nearly every shopkeeper (including Thalantyr of High Hedge) and priest for some potions and items.

If you start the game as a halfling thief and put all of your points into lock picking, you get a great gem worth quite a bit of gold at the beginning of the game in Candlekeep. Go to the second floor of Winthrop's Inn and there is a locked chest in a room adjacent to the stairs.

Quenash in the Undercellars has the Cloak of Balduran. You get to the Undercellars through the back door in the Blushing Mermaid.

[ 07-27-2002, 05:33 PM: Message edited by: DaemonJ ]
DaemonJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2002, 04:31 PM   #9
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

What's the stats for longbow of markmanship? I completed that dungeon can I return there and get the bow again?
I can feel the touch of wind on my face. Strong wind was slapping my face. I can feel the ground shake. The sky roars with vengeance and fury. From the shadows, I heard the Archmage's words:"İbne Fenner!" And then..I can't remember the rest..
Zoltan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2002, 06:35 PM   #10
DaemonJ
Elite Waterdeep Guard

The Longbow of Marksmanship has a +3 THAC0 and +2 Damage bonus with a speed of 5 and a weight of 2. It is one of the better bows in the game.

So long as you didn't return the armor to the ghosts yet you can. There is another one in the Bandit camp as well.
DaemonJ is offline   Reply With Quote