Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-21-2001, 01:45 PM   #1
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

OK guys, here's my poll. What types of books does everyone out there read? I'll start with a few authors I have read recently: Robert Maccammon, C.S. Friedman, Terry Goodkind, Robert Jordan, Brian Lumley, Stephen King, Anne Rice, Clive Barker, and on and on!
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2001, 01:52 PM   #2
ArmageddonX
Welcomed New User

Lets see... uh. I read the Baldur's Gate 2 Manual last week (ok, you caught me, only half of it). And uh, lotsa TV guides! Uhhhhhh... (scratches head) ...uhhhhhhh... oh yeah, and I read the instructions on those mac and cheese boxes. Ok, it's your peoples turn now...
ArmageddonX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2001, 02:01 PM   #3
Moiraine
Anubis

I read a lot of Fantasy, among them : David Eddings, Raymond E.Feist, Terry Brooks, Robin Hobb, Mercedes Lackey, Weiss & Hickmann, Robert Jordan, Anne Mc Caffrey, Jennifer Robinson (Oh, LadyWendy, if you don't know this one, try the 'Sword' series : Sword-born, Sword-sworn, ...)

I read Anne Rice now and then (I prefer the 'Witches' serie).

Otherwise, I pick a biography or a history or archaeology book or a French fiction book.

Oh, and I am a big fan of novels about time travel, time paradoxes and such.
Moiraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2001, 02:23 PM   #4
Khanar Tor'vel

R.A. Salvatore, David Eddings, Terry Brooks, Robert Jordan, Anne McCaffrey, some stuff nobody probably reads anymore like books by Alexandre Dumas (3 Musketeers and so on), and some biographies. Oh, and auto and computer graphics/animation magazines. Exciting.
Old 01-21-2001, 02:31 PM   #5
smaug

I read more Sinince finction but right now im reading Terry Goodkin
Old 01-21-2001, 02:31 PM   #6
smaug

I read more Sinince finction but right now im reading Terry Goodkind
Old 01-21-2001, 03:16 PM   #7
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Moiraine, those two you mentioned Mercedes Lackey and Anne McCaffrey I've seen on the shelves at the book store and came very close to buying one. Now I think I will, thanks! I'll keep the Sword born series in mind as well. Next on my list though is Robin Hobb, not in case you think one of the others is better?
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2001, 04:24 PM   #8
el_kalkylus
Drizzt Do'Urden

I like fantasy-books, so I have read the wheel of time by Robert Jordan, shannara-series (don't remember the author), Katherine Kerrs books (don't know what the books are called in english), David Eddings books, and of course Tolkiens books.
Beside from fantasy, I haven't read that much, but I have read books written by Anne Rice (the interview with a vampire) and Stephen King.

I am not very good with names, so I am probably wrong when I said Anne Rice have written the interview with a vampire.
el_kalkylus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2001, 05:01 PM   #9
ArmageddonX
Welcomed New User

Books? You peoples are liek sooooo twentieth-century.
ArmageddonX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2001, 05:11 PM   #10
Rikard T'Aranaxz
Harper

Did you ever really check this Forum?
the is a whole forum called Books any realm
the is where you should post it

Anyways i'll answer
currently i'm reading the Darksword series and the Portal of Death series both from Weis&Hickman
and i really like them
but i can't find a lot of others in holland
Rikard T'Aranaxz is offline   Reply With Quote