Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-16-2002, 10:41 AM   #1
Black Dragon
Zhentarim Guard

What if this war we are doing leads to using the nuclear bombs? Or even as annouying, EMP Shockwaves. That would be bad, I myself think the war should end after they find Osama and torture him, or at least if they wont stop then leave the rest of America out of it, I don't want war, or fighting, or anything. But if they go past the killing of Osama and into the conquering of the world or some **** like that. Then I don't know what I would say. I don't want America to start ruling the whole world. I think America has enough to deal with any way. (Such as crimes in bad areas) So, I just figured I would post my thoughts. If you have anything to say about this, then go ahead, thats why I posted this.
Black owns!<br />Dragons rule!!<br /> [img]\"http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/ladyzekke/blackdragonpic.jpg\" alt=\" - \" /><br /> <b>If the media decided that breathing wasn\'t \"cool\" anymore, half the teenage population would be gone.</b> --Someguy
Black Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2002, 10:59 AM   #2
Donut
Jack Burton

quote:
Originally posted by Black Dragon:
What if this war we are doing leads to using the nuclear bombs? Or even as annouying, EMP Shockwaves.

I can't think of anything that would annoy me more than if someone dropped a nuke on me.
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Donut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2002, 11:05 AM   #3
Black Dragon
Zhentarim Guard

nuke go *BOOM* nuke go *BOOM*. I scared of them
Black owns!<br />Dragons rule!!<br /> [img]\"http://img.ranchoweb.com/images/ladyzekke/blackdragonpic.jpg\" alt=\" - \" /><br /> <b>If the media decided that breathing wasn\'t \"cool\" anymore, half the teenage population would be gone.</b> --Someguy
Black Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2002, 11:06 AM   #4
Talthyr Malkaviel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I hate to sound like I'm nitpicking, but shouldn't this go in the war forum???
Old 01-16-2002, 11:07 AM   #5
Moiraine
Anubis

quote:
Originally posted by Donut:

I can't think of anything that would annoy me more than if someone dropped a nuke on me.

Yep - though you wouldn't stay annoyed for very long.

[ 01-16-2002: Message edited by: Moiraine ]

[ 01-16-2002: Message edited by: Moiraine ]

Old 01-16-2002, 11:16 AM   #6
Blind_Prophet
Symbol of Cyric

Only the taliban would use nukes because the US is in nato and nato is aginast using nucular weapons. But the taliban won't either because the aren't capable of it so no need to morry.
Old 01-16-2002, 11:17 AM   #7
Barry the Sprout
White Dragon

quote:
Originally posted by Talthyr Malkaviel:
I hate to sound like I'm nitpicking, but shouldn't this go in the war forum???

It could... but if it gets much response we will only have to move it out soon anyway when the place closes down. I do suggest that you have a read through the stuff in there though Black Dragon. some of it is very relevant to your post.

Although I do agree with Donut, the inconvenience of having a nuclear bomb dropped on you is probably quite high. Think of all the time spent redecorating to match your new glow-in-the-dark skin. And thats only after you've rebuilt your house...
[img]\"http://img1.ranchoweb.com/images/sproutman/certwist.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br /><i>\"And the angels all pallid and wan,<br />Uprising, unveiling, affirm,<br />That the play is the tragedy, man,<br />And its hero the Conquerer Worm.\"</i><br /> - Edgar Allan Poe
Barry the Sprout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2002, 11:22 AM   #8
norompanlasolas

the only war that could lead to nukes that I can think of right now is between india and paquistan. and its probably not going to happen anyways, at least in the short term.

oh, and another problem of being n-bombed is all that zombie killing you have to do afterwards... wait, did I say problem? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 01-16-2002: Message edited by: norompanlasolas ]

Old 01-16-2002, 01:09 PM   #9
MagiK

Im just curious about something.

Black Dragon, may I ask how old you are? Im curious as to the ages of the people that think about nukes and the possibilities of their use. I mean everyone has heard of them, it just seems to me that certain groups worry more than others and Im trying to compile an age break down.
Old 01-16-2002, 01:28 PM   #10
Sorcerer Alex

I'm with Donut here - if anyone dropped a nuke on me I'd be rather peeved, too.

A nuclear war is too risky - people are more than aware of the capabilities of such weapons and I therefore doubt they will ever be used. Sure there will be threats - but that will be all.