Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2002, 10:42 PM   #1
Brainless One
Zhentarim Guard

I must sound REALLY stupid, but i manually went through several days of posts, and i can't find Viconia. Where IS that drow???
Brainless One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2002, 11:11 PM   #2
SecretMaster
Apophis

She's in Pedvale Forest, on the middle left side of the map. The area is filled with Black Talon Elites so be careful!
SecretMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2002, 10:36 AM   #3
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

Yep, she is cute. It's strange. In BG2 she's pure evil. She sounds innocent in BG1. Anyone played with her? What about her plot? She causes problems with 20 rep?

"The object of war is to murder. There's no honour in battle. There's no honour if a piece of rag, a piece of land is more valuable then human life. The true honesty is humanity, is humanism..."
I can feel the touch of wind on my face. Strong wind was slapping my face. I can feel the ground shake. The sky roars with vengeance and fury. From the shadows, I heard the Archmage's words:"İbne Fenner!" And then..I can't remember the rest..
Zoltan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2002, 04:04 PM   #4
AinSage
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I've used Viconia. Some people like her, some don't. I never had my reputation up to 20 because of ummm.... certain events. But i doubt she'd like it because she's evily aligned. Because she is a Drow Elf she has a 50% magical resistance, witch is good and bad (i.e. when you try to heal her it doesn' wrok sometimes). She also has a low strength (10 i think) so she can't carry much more than her equipment.
I over all liked playing with her.
Old 07-28-2002, 11:04 AM   #5
DaemonJ
Elite Waterdeep Guard

When Viconia joins your party you lose 2 rep points because she is a drow. If you have Kivan or Coran (I can't remember which one but I think it is Kivan) they have some great dialog battles.

You can get your rep up to 20 and Viconia grumbles a lot but if your Charisma is high enough then she won't leave.

Her magic resistance sucks because she rarely gets the benefits of the Chant, Bless, Defensive harmony, and Heal (lesser and greater) spells. At least you don't have to worry about her getting caught by the very common horror and panic spells throughout the game though.
DaemonJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2002, 10:02 PM   #6
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by DaemonJ:
You can get your rep up to 20 and Viconia grumbles a lot but if your Charisma is high enough then she won't leave.
Are you quite sure about that, Daemon? All Evil characters are supposed to leave the party, and perhaps even attack you, at a Rep. above 18. From wha I've seen, your Charisma only affects your party's morale and NPC bickering. I believe it's possible to keep the bitterest of enemies (like Khalid, Jaheira, Xzar & Montaron) in the party all the way to the end of the game without fighting--IF you've got 18 CHA.

You're quite right about her Magic Resistance, though. Still, her resistance to buffing spells doesn't really matter, as it makes more sense to use her as a ranged attacker anyway--and Healing Potions ignore Magic Resistance. In BG2, Magic Resistance only blocks spells that could harm the person.
Old 07-29-2002, 10:19 AM   #7
DaemonJ
Elite Waterdeep Guard

SixOfSpades,
I was able to keep everyone in my party, including Viconia, through the game without a problem, other than a LOT of bickering. I did have 19 Charisma with the help of Algernon's Cloak and the Tome of Leadership and Influence.

Perhaps the catch part is that I didn't always have a 20 rep. during the game. There were several times where I had dropped quite a bit down to 10 or 11 even and perhaps that helped. I almost always had a 20 rep. when going to the stores but quite a bit of the adventuring was with a rep. of 18 or sometimes lower.

I haven't been able to get past Chapter 7, and it usually happens in Chapter 5, without Khalid and Jaheira fighting Xzar and Montaron; they are of opposing groups so it makes sense.

[ 07-29-2002, 10:45 AM: Message edited by: DaemonJ ]
Old 07-29-2002, 05:01 PM   #8
AinSage
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by DaemonJ:

Her magic resistance sucks because she rarely gets the benefits of the Chant, Bless, Defensive harmony, and Heal (lesser and greater) spells. At least you don't have to worry about her getting caught by the very common horror and panic spells throughout the game though.
No, it just doesn't work 50% fo the time and works 50% of the time. So either way is not rare.
Old 07-29-2002, 06:28 PM   #9
DaemonJ
Elite Waterdeep Guard

AinSage,
I know. That is why my comment contains the word rarely.
Old 08-01-2002, 12:46 PM   #10
Inoma
Elite Waterdeep Guard

She's evil, but doesn't leave you.
It may be because I was a Paladin back then and might have ocnverted her.
Besides, she speaks elvish, and is the only character that does that. It's just so cool to imagine her waving her mace shouting "Lil alurl! For Shar!". If you get a -1 with her in the party she says "Shar looks upon us with favor". I can't recall hearing her complain about 20 Rep actually. Allthough I have heard her complain about the sun plenty of times
I like drows. They're a very interesting race, and I think they're the only ones that actually speaks elvish. Common elves don't do that as far as I know.

She has a 9 Constitution, yes, but I think she has good dexterity, and if you get her early, you can give her a Missile skill.
<br />Lysander Silverinch, elven Ranger inspired by Kivan.<br />[url]\"http://bgbloodline.netfirms.com\" target=\"_blank\">http://bgbloodline.netfirms.com</a> Team Lead and Design of Baldurs Gate: Bloodline, an unofficial expansion for Baldurs Gate and TSC.
Inoma is offline   Reply With Quote