Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-09-2003, 06:04 AM   #1
Spirits forever

tell me people of IRONWORKS What is the better class...
Old 06-09-2003, 06:15 AM   #2
TaSSaDaR
Baaz Draconian

In fact, there is no such thing as 'best class'. All classes ARE powerful at high levels, all are fun to play, and every one has its own advantages and disadvantages. What really matters is personal preference...

Speaking of which, sorcerers rule!

:casts permanent Time Stop so noone disrupts the truth said: [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-09-2003, 06:26 AM   #3
Sir Exxon
Zartan

What Tassadar said is absolutely true. But it can also depend on what party you plan to have him/her in. If you e.g. plan to have one of them in a warrior-strong party, the Cleric might be the better choice, with a larger selection of healing-spells. If you have a more defensive party, an offensive Mage might be your best choice. It all depends on your playing-style.

But pure powerwise, the Sorcerer is the strongest. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2003, 06:36 AM   #4
Jon Irenicus
Elminster

Well said Tassadar, there is no "best" class... The best class IMO is the class taht u like most~ Like me, I've played all class and I've found out that I'm not good with spellcasters, and I also like "melee" better, so I stick with my Kensai and I found out that my kensai is doing more rampage in the agme than I was when playing a sorc
Old 06-09-2003, 06:37 AM   #5
sorab
Dungeon Master

it totally up to you...from my experience clerics are for protection and healing mainly i cant imagine someone using his cleric for offensive spells mostly!on the other hand i prefer wizards...because they are killing machines if used right!!!!but they their inability to wear armors helmets take shields sucks so create a cleric/mage to have everything!!!!!

[ 06-09-2003, 06:38 AM: Message edited by: sorab ]
Old 06-09-2003, 06:43 AM   #6
TaSSaDaR
Baaz Draconian

Since Spirits forever didn't give us any context of the choice I assume we compare solo choices [img]smile.gif[/img]

Sorcerer is best not only power-wise, but fun-wise too. With little or no problem as compared to mage you get a spellcaster, a spell-wielder (thats more accurate [img]smile.gif[/img] )

And on lower (means less than 20, even 15) levels sorcerer is rather difficult to play (I still speak about solo) and extremely fun. You just use EVERY resource avail. Sometimes a single Ring Of Invisibility saves your hide, you get away from the nasty guy and rest, finally returning and avenging your defeat [img]smile.gif[/img]

To understand what I mean, try completing Planar Sphere with a solo sorc of less than 15 level. You will see ...

My current soloist, blade, is not so tough - scribing spells, offensive spins, rogue => fast levelling up. Sorcerers rule!

BTW, have to thank Dundee Slaytern - he infested me with the idea of soloing a sorc, and I am eternally grateful for this [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-09-2003, 08:39 AM   #7
Stratos
Vampire

A Cleric is a support class to help other party members and a Wizard is a mainly offensive class. A Cleric's purpose is to heal and the Wizard's is the quite opposite; to kill and wreak havoc. Generally speaking that is.
Old 06-09-2003, 08:45 AM   #8
TaSSaDaR
Baaz Draconian

Do not underestimate wizard defensive spells (Spirit Armor as an example), party support (summons!). And what about haste? Or even Improved Haste on your main fighter???

And clerics do posses a very destructive offensive spell - Harm! Not to mention others.

OK, lets get to it in general words: since it is confirmed that every class can and has been soloed, then both clerics and mages have their own protective, supporting and offensive spells.
Old 06-09-2003, 12:52 PM   #9
Grammar
Zhentarim Guard

I much prefer Sorcs (And Wizards to a lesser degree), but Cleric's Holy Smite is a nice spell [img]smile.gif[/img]
Grammar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2003, 02:50 PM   #10
Sythe
Ra

GODS everyone is sorceor crazy these days! I can give a whole lot of reason why pure wizards are better but *sigh* I don't want to start the Sorcerors vs Wizards topic again.

[ 06-10-2003, 02:46 AM: Message edited by: Dundee Slaytern ]
Sythe is offline   Reply With Quote