Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 08-27-2006, 08:58 PM   #1
Albromor
Mephistopheles

If you read my post a few days ago you know that I can't load NWN. I am wondering if it is because one or more of my CD's are corrupt so I thought about getting either the Diamond or Plantinum edition of the game new. However, I've heard that the Diamond edition is Atari's concoction and they have put their own security garbage on the disks and can cause issues. Is this true?

What would you suggest?

[ 08-27-2006, 08:58 PM: Message edited by: Albromor ]
Albromor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 09:40 PM   #2
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

I haven't heard, but I have the platinum edition installed on this rig, and I run just fine.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 10:10 PM   #3
Albromor
Mephistopheles

robertthebard, thanks for the reply. Does the plantinum edition have anything else besides the OC and both expansions?
Albromor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 05:04 AM   #4
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Corrupt discs, as in damaged/scratched? I don't think the game would install normally if it was so. And anyway if it is, maybe it would be better to buy one of those CD repair kits rather than a whole new game?
Old 08-28-2006, 05:25 AM   #5
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

It has a few of the earlier Developer mods on it, The Dark Ranger's Treasure, The Winds of Eormore (sp), and one other one I believe. Considering the cost of replacing the game individually, it's a lot cheaper, and it's all on three discs instead of 5.
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 02:29 PM   #6
Stonewarrior
Manshoon

I have the Diamond edition and have had no problems whatsoever. Of course I have only been playing regularly for a week and a half. ;~) It has the expansions as well as Kingmaker, To Heir is Human, Winds of Eremor and the Dark Ranger (if memory serves).
Stonewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2006, 12:21 AM   #7
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Albromor:
If you read my post a few days ago you know that I can't load NWN. I am wondering if it is because one or more of my CD's are corrupt so I thought about getting either the Diamond or Plantinum edition of the game new. However, I've heard that the Diamond edition is Atari's concoction and they have put their own security garbage on the disks and can cause issues. Is this true?

What would you suggest?
I know this is thread necromancy, but I was using the search feature and came across this...and I had something important to add for anyone who may want to know in the future.

The Diamond ed. is indeed an atari thing, and they did add some junk to the security so much so that its rendered difficult for some people to play it out of the box. However, I hear that all it takes to repair this mess is an updated patching before attempting to game.

Old 12-21-2006, 08:19 PM   #8
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

To my utter disappointment, there is not a single copy of Diamond or Platinum in Croatia. Not one. Nada. Zero. Zilch. Zip. Nula.
*shakes fist*
Old 12-23-2006, 01:26 AM   #9
The.Relic
Red Dragon

I had the original NWN, and purchased the Mod pack later. But I still went ahead and bought the Platinum and reinstalled, and it does seem to run cleaner and smoother, as well as clearing up some minor glitches I was having.
The.Relic is offline   Reply With Quote