Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)

Old 03-28-2001, 10:14 AM   #1
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

OK...I am beginningthe first book of the Giants Trilogy, by Troy Denning, I think. The author is taking a strange turn in writing, and instead of betraying Giants and Giant-kin as monsters, I am actually on the Giant-kin side and looking at the world from there. I am running into alot of problems trying to visualize what is going on. Please help.
1. Explain a Verbeeg
2. Explain a Firbolg, and why they seem to be almost human in this book
3. What is the significance of a Fire giant in a Firbolg's eyes?
4. What is the difference in a Northern ogre and a southern?
5. Is it possible, in the DnD world, for a Firbolg and a human to love one another?
These are just some of he questions that I have so far, in this book. Thank you for helping. Basically, until I can make sense of it all, I cannot really enjoy the book, because I need to visualize it, first.

------------------

Larry, Sell-Sword to the OHF
Larry_OHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2001, 06:33 PM   #2
Hesperex

Well I havent actually read the books but i can answer two of your questions.

1 - A verbeeg is a smaller more human like giant. (still frikin huge though!)

2 - the differance between northern and southern giants is much like the differance between northern and southern humans. (i.e the notherners are bit larger, fair colouring, hardier)

------------------

Master Assassin of the Holy Flame.
My website http://hesperex.8k.com