Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2002, 09:24 PM   #1
SomeGuy
Unicorn

What is his purpose in the game?Why is he there?What happens if you kill him?What happens if he finds you with his stuff?Does'nt anyone know?
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
SomeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2002, 09:42 PM   #2
Angelousss
Red Wizard of Thay

mostly just a cameo, i think he might be recruited into one battle
Old 11-24-2002, 10:44 AM   #3
I wish my name was Baggins
Elminster

Just consider him to be one more spice in the rich flavor of the game.
Old 11-25-2002, 07:30 AM   #4
Grungi
Banned User

kill him for the best eq in the game two swords +3 one which lowers ac as well and the mithril armour +4 is joint equal best armour in the game (though its better to use ring protection +2 and full plate where possible) hes worth killing, and all sorts of tactics for killing him on the forum here.
Grungi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2002, 05:56 PM   #5
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Note that there are indeed many ways to kill Drizzt, but they ALL involve unfairly taking advantage of the game's poor AI.

If you want to face him like a man, even with your whole party there to back you up, you WILL get your face kicked in. Very quickly, too.
Old 11-26-2002, 06:34 AM   #6
Grungi
Banned User

cept if you removed the exp cap and played a high level party, you need to be about level 9 or so and have lots of animal summoning to keep him busy, then toe to toe him with most of your fighters, hes level 16 i think so a party of lvl 9s should be enough
Old 12-03-2002, 08:37 PM   #7
SecretMaster
Apophis

You guys are missing just one thing. If you haven't (SPOILER) done the Bandit Camp yet, and you help him and talk to him, he suggests that you find a way to join their ranks, rather than fight them.
SecretMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2002, 11:16 PM   #8
I wish my name was Baggins
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by SecretMaster:
You guys are missing just one thing. If you haven't (SPOILER) done the Bandit Camp yet, and you help him and talk to him, he suggests that you find a way to join their ranks, rather than fight them.
He isn't talking about joining him...he is talking about joining the mercenaries...We are talking about offing the great Drizzt himself...
Old 12-04-2002, 08:10 AM   #9
Grungi
Banned User

bandit camp is easily found through a multitude of other methods theres about 3 map sections with easy routes in so hes not much good for that [img]tongue.gif[/img] more fun to kill the bugger