Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2002, 03:09 AM   #1
Perkele69
Welcomed New User

I just liked to know what characters you have been using. I mean that you have completed the game with that char and no cheats. What was your difficulty level?
Perkele69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2002, 05:27 AM   #2
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Cavalier, Core/Insane
Sorcerer, Insane

In Progress
----

Archer, Insane
Assassin, Insane
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2002, 05:54 AM   #3
Kaltia
Jack Burton

Fighter/thief-insane
Archer-insane
fighter-insane
Mage-insane
Mage/cleric IN PROGRESS -insane
Fighter/mage thief IN PROGRESS-insane
monk (first time)-easy
Cavalier-IN PROGRESS-insane
Am I mad? Probably [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 07-15-2002, 05:56 AM: Message edited by: Kaltia ]

The wolf is as cunning as he is ferocious; once he's had a taste of flesh then nothing else will do.
Kaltia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2002, 08:51 PM   #4
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
Solo on Insane, for me the Sorc was the easiest to do.

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Illumina Drathiran'ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2002, 09:30 AM   #5
Kaltia
Jack Burton

Has anyone tried soloing a bard? i want to do it, but I also want to finish NWN, WC3, and (by the time I've finished those two) IWD2. I know blade is the best one, but how did you all find it? The experience (and no, not experience points) I mean?

The wolf is as cunning as he is ferocious; once he's had a taste of flesh then nothing else will do.
Old 07-16-2002, 09:48 AM   #6
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

I have not solo a Blade yet...

Too many new games and schoolwork on my roster, barely got time as it is to play BG2.

... but I have used a Blade in a party before, and I have used him to take on foes by himself without the aid of the other party members. The key here is his ability to dualwield well, and his Offensive/Defensive Spin.

Offensive Spin is like an upgraded version of the Kensai's Kai. Not only does it adds an extra attack, it also hastes your Blade's movement and ensures maximum damage to all attacks during the 2-round duration.

I have also devised a way to maximise this ability with dualwielding. You basically need Melf's Minute Meteors(MMM) and a good weapon in your off-hand weapon slot. When you hurl your MMM, every third attack is from the off-hand weapon. Why is this good? Think about it... using weapons like Celestial Fury or Crom Faeyr as a ranged weapon. You have six attacks per round since MMM sets the default to five attacks per round, while Offensive Spin adds an additional attack per round. Soooo...

1) MMM
2) MMM
3) Off-hand weapon
4) MMM
5) MMM
6) Off-hand weapon

Using summons like Skeleton Warriors or Sword Spiders to tank for you, you can then proceed to rain Hell on your enemies from a safe distance. You can also use the Mislead Exploit and attack invisibly.

Previously in SoA, Skalds had an advantage over the Blade due to their better songs. Now that ToB have included the Improved Bard Song, there is nothing negative about the Blade now. Half Lore and Pickpocketing skills? How crippling... ...

There are several things you can do with the Bard, they can even sing and fight at the same time. They can have undispellable invisibility. They level up damn fast compared to a Fighter/Thief/Mage. You can build a cheesy trapper Bard. Etc... ...

[ 07-16-2002, 09:50 AM: Message edited by: Dundee Slaytern ]
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2002, 07:40 PM   #7
Kangaxx
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Perkele69:
I just liked to know what characters you have been using. I mean that you have completed the game with that char and no cheats. What was your difficulty level?
Hmm... I soloed as an Invoker at insane difficulty.

I tried soloing my second char a sorceror, but I got bored because I already soloed as a magic user.

Im creating a "monk" to solo now.

His stats are: (just incase someone cares about his stats [img]smile.gif[/img] )

Strenght - 18

Dexterity - 18

Constitution -18

Intelligence 15

Wisdom -18

Charisma - 3 (not much of a leader)

But fortunatly I had pretty good stats.
Kangaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2002, 08:40 PM   #8
Daniel
Symbol of Cyric

Assassin - Core (but with the David Gaider Improved baddy Mods [img]smile.gif[/img] )
Monk - Core
Cavilier - Core

Currently going through on insane with a Barbarian
Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2002, 04:00 PM   #9
Ronin_bcd
Elite Waterdeep Guard

cavalier insane
monk insane
fighter normal core (mostly insane but couldn't finish ToB till I reduced difficlty.........only so many hours in a lifetime)
didn't bother with any mages since they seemed too easy, but have a transmuter challenge going now to see if I can get all the way through.
Old 07-22-2002, 05:04 PM   #10
Kaltia
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:
I have not solo a Blade yet...

Too many new games and schoolwork on my roster, barely got time as it is to play BG2.

... but I have used a Blade in a party before, and I have used him to take on foes by himself without the aid of the other party members. The key here is his ability to dualwield well, and his Offensive/Defensive Spin.

Offensive Spin is like an upgraded version of the Kensai's Kai. Not only does it adds an extra attack, it also hastes your Blade's movement and ensures maximum damage to all attacks during the 2-round duration.

I have also devised a way to maximise this ability with dualwielding. You basically need Melf's Minute Meteors(MMM) and a good weapon in your off-hand weapon slot. When you hurl your MMM, every third attack is from the off-hand weapon. Why is this good? Think about it... using weapons like Celestial Fury or Crom Faeyr as a ranged weapon. You have six attacks per round since MMM sets the default to five attacks per round, while Offensive Spin adds an additional attack per round. Soooo...

1) MMM
2) MMM
3) Off-hand weapon
4) MMM
5) MMM
6) Off-hand weapon

Using summons like Skeleton Warriors or Sword Spiders to tank for you, you can then proceed to rain Hell on your enemies from a safe distance. You can also use the Mislead Exploit and attack invisibly.

Previously in SoA, Skalds had an advantage over the Blade due to their better songs. Now that ToB have included the Improved Bard Song, there is nothing negative about the Blade now. Half Lore and Pickpocketing skills? How crippling... ...

There are several things you can do with the Bard, they can even sing and fight at the same time. They can have undispellable invisibility. They level up damn fast compared to a Fighter/Thief/Mage. You can build a cheesy trapper Bard. Etc... ...
Wow thanks Dundee [img]smile.gif[/img]
As soon as I get off my computer ban i'll use that advice...