Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2003, 11:17 PM   #1
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

The original thread is here.

The original thread was made by the good humored Ironworks residents Annatar and Angelouss. Since there have been a few threads passing through asking if certain items will be upgraded or hoping that Wiemer may be watching, I thought it would be best to re-create the old Ironworks Forging thread.

Visit the Team BG webpage to download Near Infinity, Infinity Explorer, and the BAMWorkshop to have the basic components to start your first items creation. [img]graemlins/happypc.gif[/img]

This is for anyone so feel free to display your weapon here, ask if you have any problems, and just post if you have any comments concerning this

Until then, keep forging and keep us updated.

The Forge, Ironworks
Gangrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2003, 09:46 AM   #2
JrKASperov
Fzoul Chembryl

ARTANIS (+1 short sword)

This is KASperov's offhand blade. It is designed to aid his offhand in succesfully wielding weapons. It encompasses the off arm with a steering magical energy.

STATISTICS:

Special Abilities: grants two extra points to two weapon fighting to KASperov
THACO: +1 bonus
Damage: 1D6 +1 +1 magical
Damage type: piercing
Weight: 2
Speed Factor: 1
Proficiency Type: Short Sword
Type: 1-handed
Usable By:
KASperov

RASHAGAL (+3 shoprt sword)

This is KASperov's main hand weapon. It has a magical layer upon it, allowing it to strike with more force and to cut through armor more easily. The magic layer has another benefit, whoever is struck has a chance of being sucked of magical energy, removing one spell, if any, from the target and adding one to the wielder.

STATISTICS:

Special Abilities: 10% to drain one spell on hit and transferring it to the wielder
THACO: +3 bonus
Damage: 1D6 +3 +1D4 Magic Damage
Damage type: piercing
Weight: 2
Speed Factor: 1
Proficiency Type: Short Sword
Requires: 5 Strength
Not Usable By:
Others than KASperov

My dual short swords. My character is a blade.
Old 08-17-2003, 11:42 AM   #3
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Here is a weapon I recently came up with, I'm ashamed to say I tried to give it an atrifact status

The Black Blade
Spoken among more tales than bards know of, The Black Blade is a powerful sword dating back to the infamous Time of Troubles. This was the blade used by Torm, a gift from one of his most loyal followers, in a battle against Bane. Torm struck Bane down and the god lay dead in the earth until he was reborn through his son. The blade was lost once Torm was slain in the same battle, with the blade secured by a follower of Helm. It was later discarded because Bane's divine blood stained the blade and was then considered evil by those of Helm's church. His blood gives the weilder the strength he once had, along with his taste for death.

Combat Abilities:
When hit, there is a 25% chance the target will instantly die.
Equipped Abilities:
+3 to Dexterity
+3 to Constitution
+35% Magic Resistance
Damage: 2d8+3
Thaco: +4
Damage Type: Slashing
Weight: 5
Speed Factor: 7
Proficiency Type: Scimitar/Wakizashi/Ninja-To
Requires:
14 Strength
15 Dexterity
18 Intelligence
Not Usable By:
Cleric
Thief
Druid
Those of Non-Evil Alignment

Nice job on the twin swords JrKASperov [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Old 08-17-2003, 12:01 PM   #4
JrKASperov
Fzoul Chembryl

Yes, I have an whole party of me and friends. I tried to balance the weapons, so there's only one +4 weapon wielded by the warrior. The offhand thingie was somethign I invented using NWN, I translated it to BGII by giving it extra proficiencies while wielded. I did try to think of one special ability for my main hand weapon. It had to be rare and not too powerful, so this was it!
Old 08-17-2003, 06:53 PM   #5
Qmanol
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Here's one I thought up after too many Lich battles:

Mace +0, The Arm of Gond
On examination of the illithium alloy given to you by Jerlia the ore merchant, Cromwell has extracted the adulterant - a surprisingly strong and light metal. This flanged mace is the result. Due to Cromwell's superb craftsmanship, the weapon has an improved heft and feel, making it feel like an extension of your arm. The flanges are also razor sharp - doing a small amount of additional damage to the victim, and the lightness of the weapon improves its speed factor, as well as granting an extra 1/2 attack per round. The heart of the weapon is a small, enchanted reservoir of naphtha in the handle which continuously coats the flanges in the flammable substance, along with a minor blessing from Gond which contains the enchantment so that the weapon strikes as a normal weapon, ignoring a mage's defences against powerful magical weapons.

Always hits as an unenchanted weapon.
Weight: 4
Damage: 1D6 + 3, + 1D3 slashing, + 1 fire damage
THAC0: + 2 (Maybe only for player1, due to custom fitting?)
Special: 1 fire damage per round for 2 rounds on each hit., +1/2 Attack per round.
Damage Type: crushing
Proficiency Type: Mace
Speed Factor: 4
Requirements:
Strength: 6

Requires - Illithium Alloy, Oils from WK, Something else? (Empty potion bottle?)
Qmanol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2003, 01:03 PM   #6
Vedran
Lord Soth

Nice idea, G. I was thinking of recreating it some time ago, but I was sick of modding and put it off.
By the way, where is Annatar? I haven't heard of him for months (and I miss the fellow ).

Ah, and mention if you want your item to be made. I could get back into business when I get tired of gutting super mutants...
Vedran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2003, 08:15 PM   #7
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Annatar you say? I saw him on MSN awhile back before I formated my Pc, he's seems to be in a lot of work with school and such, I can't blame him. I believe it was a Tech school, but I'm not sure, it's been some time since I read his thread on it.

Sure, if you want Vedran, but I still haven't put the finishing touches on it yet, I can't find the item name for the vorpal effect.

I miss him too, no one to argue with but Xen
Old 08-19-2003, 08:58 PM   #8
Dace De'Briago
Silver Dragon

The Uberstone.

Consists of several different Ion stones combined into one more powerful artifacts. Would be ideal for a soloist <---- ME.

I'll have one of those please.
Old 08-19-2003, 11:45 PM   #9
True_Moose
Gold Dragon

What I want is the uber-Flail of Many Heads. My idea (for a soloist, kicks and giggles, don't flame me, just for fun.): a blacksmith attaches all the heads of Defender of Easthaven and Flail of the Ages onto, say the Serpent Shaft. Each head does either some kind of damage or gives phys resist. Combine with shield for retardedly powerful effects. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-19-2003, 11:59 PM   #10
Pyrenk
Symbol of Cyric

Wouldn't it be great to have Bolts of Gender Change? No save, bypasses magic, cannot be reversed unless hit with a second bolt. If hit with two bolts at once, you lose your gender

That, and being able to use Gobstoppers as bullets.

[ 08-20-2003, 01:56 AM: Message edited by: Pyrenk ]