Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 11-18-2006, 06:53 PM   #1
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

*minor spoilers to end of Act I*

This is easily the strongest point of NWN2 for me - the character interactions. Unfortunately the standard game only allows 4 (+1 free person later) to join your party. There's a console command I posted which allows you to increase party size, and while this has the effect of increasing your character interactions it also reduces your framerate (not a good thing when your framerate to begin with is about 12) and makes the game easier.

So who's in your party? I have myself (playing a female tiefling fighter/sorcerer), Casavir (for the romance option), Qara (for my spellcasting needs) and Neeshka (for my rogue needs). My fifth character is Shandra, who you can rescue at the end of Act 1. Ideally I'd love to drop both Shandra and Casavir and replace them with Khelgar (best tank) and Bishop (who I find really cool) but I feel like I have to hang on to both of them for roleplay reasons).

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 03:27 AM   #2
Callum
Symbol of Cyric

I always have Khelgar and Qara, and Neeshka when I can, but she gets dropped when I have to have other characters (i.e. Casavir to find the Orc caves, or Bishop when after the Githyanki).
Old 11-19-2006, 10:13 AM   #3
JrKASperov
Fzoul Chembryl

Khelgar Elanee and Neeshka, because they fit my main char the best.
Old 11-19-2006, 10:48 AM   #4
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by JrKASperov:
Right now the same list, but I may dump Elanee for Qara. yeah I know she's obnoxious but maybe she'll piss off Khelgar enough that he'll plant one of his size 12's up her butt! lol

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 11:31 AM   #5
Bithron
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by Micah Foehammer:
quote:
Right now the same list, but I may dump Elanee for Qara. yeah I know she's obnoxious but maybe she'll piss off Khelgar enough that he'll plant one of his size 12's up her butt! lol [/QUOTE]I thought dwarves have small feet... And how is he supposed to reach so high? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-20-2006, 09:20 AM   #6
Stuie
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I've been keeping Khelgar and Neeshka and rotating through the rest as needed (currently have Shandra and Sand - just started Act II).

I figure that next time through I'll concentrate on a different pair - more replay value that way.

Qara is easily the most annoying so far, and the fact that she reminds me of an ex-gf doesn't help.
Stuie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 04:36 PM   #7
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Bithron:
quote:
Originally posted by Micah Foehammer:
quote:
Right now the same list, but I may dump Elanee for Qara. yeah I know she's obnoxious but maybe she'll piss off Khelgar enough that he'll plant one of his size 12's up her butt! lol [/QUOTE]I thought dwarves have small feet... And how is he supposed to reach so high? [img]tongue.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]Well foot size correlates to .... hmmm, better not go there. lol

And the kick in the butt, well that's a monk thing! lol

I've been swapping characters in and out at every level, so I can control their skill allocation and feats. Also to try to work on their influence. So far, I've gotten Khelgar to 8, Qara to 11, Elanee to 7, and Neeshka to 7. Just found Gobnar and haven't done anything with Sand yet.

[ 11-20-2006, 05:03 PM: Message edited by: Micah Foehammer ]

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote