Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2003, 03:29 AM   #1
TheWiSeFooL
Manshoon

Heres a couple of things I need to find out...some1 please help
I have already installed the patches

U r allowed to give me some hints and tips instead of ruining it outright for me if u like but I don't really mind.....This is the 1st time I am posting and don't feel I should make 5 separate POSTS for each 1....sorry if this is bad.

FLAIL OF THE AGES
------------------
1) actually looks like I've screwed it
cos the cold flail head (for FLAIL of the AGES)
the only 1 I'm missing is back near the forge where the lions were....
wasn't there when i looked (this was before I claimed ownership of the keep) anyway
very weird !!!
a bug! becos after u have cleared the trolls out and claimed ownership of the KEEP for NALIA, everyplace (chest, box, nook and cranny etc) is like 'emptied' out of what was in them - did this happen to anyone before?
Even tho I was probably never gonna use it anyway, still I want to find out...

SLAVERS QUEST
--------------
2) also if u had done the slavers quest 1st (the BOAT part where the slave leader is)
b4 freeing HENDAK u then go back + talk to HENDAK *thats* when he tells u to free the rest (and actually get the QUEST to do so - i.e where the children r kidnapped!)
u try talking to him several times but the option to say that u have already freed the rest of the slaves isn't there, therefor u miss out on the exp!
BUG!

FREEING the GENIE
------------------
3) ahhhhhhhhhh.....heres y!

"After you've talked to them, talk to them again, and ask for the Gene Flask. (After visiting the Genie. see below)"

I don't think I talked to them again after talking to the genie
thats how u get the flask! I was too eager to get out cos I replayed after losing me saved files thru reformatting!
"Once you return, and give it to him, he will give you Sarevok's Sword of Chaos +2! and you'll gain a whopping 15,000XP for completing this quest."

damn! some exp there!!!! Becos I don't think I talked o the dryads after talking to the djinni, also i don't remember but think i pickpocketed the dryads for the flask and then talked to the genie it mysteriously disappeared from my inventory and appeared on a random spot on the map but when I went there to try to pick it back up, it momentarily appeared then vanished again!
Then I could not get the flask back! a BUG!

KEY for THE SECRET DUNGEON
---------------------------
4) The part to enter the sewers near where the eyeless cult is (u should of gotten a key to open the part to get part of the crom Faer)
I cannot find! I have looked everywhere where MAZZY FENTAN was rescued??? Please any ideas on this?

THE WOLFWERE CAMP
------------------
5) After speaking to CORAN and looting the CABIN I went EAST where cage was hanging from the tree there was nothing in sight! CORAN and SAFANA or wolfweres were not there??? I tried walking around and resting in the area - NOTHING! R they on a separate map? but both other FOREST parts r to the WEST, also when u look on the map the 'diamond shaped icon' clearly says 'wolfwere camp'! Can some1 please tell me where it is? Is there a specific time u have to b there to catch them? or is it a BUG?

THANKS for your HINTS and TIPS
APPRECIATE IT!
Old 07-21-2003, 03:47 AM   #2
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Firstly, try NOT to TALK in ALLCAPS so MUCH.

Secondly, for the Flail Head - do you happen to have the Tactics Mod installed ?? The Improved De'Arnase Keep moves this head to the boss of the keep.
When you claim the keep from Nalia, it *will* clear everything out. Always. It becomes a different area file, so none of your old stuff is there.

With the Slavers & Hendak, there's probably a Global Variable you can change... looking through Hendak's dialogue now...
Edit: got it. If you know how to use the CLUAConsole,
CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("FreeSlaves","GLOBAL",1)

With the Genie, dump the walkthrough . You'll get that XP back fairly quickly, and you should be able to get better swords than the Sword of Chaos fairly easily aswell.

The key for the door with the Crom Fayer Part is not in the place where Mazzy was. It's somewhere else. You'll know it when you find it.

[ 07-21-2003, 03:51 AM: Message edited by: LennonCook ]
LennonCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2003, 04:03 AM   #3
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by LennonCook:
When you claim the keep from Nalia, it *will* clear everything out. Always. It becomes a different area file, so none of your old stuff is there.
.....IF your main character (PC) is a Fighter, Barbarian, or Monk. If your PC is one of these classes, we can give you the codes that will let you teleport your party to the "old" de'Arnise Keep--which will enable you to run around the place like a chicken with its head cut off, looking for where the hell you left that last Flail Head)--and then, when you've found it, back to the "new" de'Arnise Keep, so you can pretend all that cheating stuff was just a hallucination.

Thought for the Day: Does the forge even *work* in the "new" map? By which I mean, can you collect all 3 Heads, accept the Keep, and then forge the Flail? I've never tried.

Slavers Question: Genuine Bug.

Djinni Question: Okay, so you missed out on some EXP and a sword. No big deal, accept your mistake and move on.

Sewer Key Question: Just keep your eyes open for keys in strange places. You never know when you might find the one you need.

Wolfwere question: It might possibly be related to time of day, but it's more likely that it's just a bug. Either way, you're not missing much: The encounter is a rather lame one, in my opinion, especially considering how cool Coran was in BG1.

Und Velcome to Ironverks! Ja, Ja! Vy am I usink zis strange Djerman akzent? Ich weiss es nicht! Ach, mein Gott in Himmel, Helfen Sie mich!

(Pardon. I appear to be experiencing some technical difficulties.)
[img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img]

[ 07-21-2003, 04:06 AM: Message edited by: SixOfSpades ]
Old 07-21-2003, 04:44 AM   #4
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by SixOfSpades:
.....IF your main character (PC) is a Fighter, Barbarian, or Monk. If your PC is one of these classes, we can give you the codes that will let you teleport your party to the "old" de'Arnise Keep--which will enable you to run around the place like a chicken with its head cut off, looking for where the hell you left that last Flail Head)--and then, when you've found it, back to the "new" de'Arnise Keep, so you can pretend all that cheating stuff was just a hallucination.
You can't "claim ownership of the keep from Nalia" if you're not one of those or have Multiple Strongholds installed.

BTW, what cosmetic changes are made *inside* the keep ?? I've always noticed the guards-on-pikes outside being buried, but what is there to warrant the insides being changed (and thus cleared) ??
Old 07-21-2003, 05:47 AM   #5
TheWiSeFooL
Manshoon

quote:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
With the Slavers & Hendak, there's probably a Global Variable you can change... looking through Hendak's dialogue now...
Edit: got it. If you know how to use the CLUAConsole,
CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("FreeSlaves","GLOBAL",1)

My main character is a Barbarian
I haven't installed the Tactics Mod or whatever that is?
how or where do I get it?
Plus I don't know how to change it....?
Please email me as an attachment? or do I download it from somewhere?
Thanks

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by SixOfSpades:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and the above code for that one as well
Apart from teleporting u what else does this code change?
Thanks!
Old 07-22-2003, 03:36 AM   #6
LennonCook
Jack Burton

In your main BG2 directory, open the file baldur.ini (use your favourite text editor). Under the heading [Game Options] put Cheats=1 .
Save, open the game, hit Ctrl-Space and put in the code I gave you. This is all case sensitive... Copy/Paste works well. [img]smile.gif[/img] This should let you tell Hendak you've freed the slaves already.
Old 07-22-2003, 05:35 AM   #7
TheWiSeFooL
Manshoon

quote:
In your main BG2 directory, open the file baldur.ini (use your favourite text editor). Under the heading [Game Options] put Cheats=1 .
Save, open the game, hit Ctrl-Space and put in the code I gave you. This is all case sensitive... Copy/Paste works well. This should let you tell Hendak you've freed the slaves already.

I've already put Cheats=1 under game options in baldur.ini and saved it
but what do u mean by Ctrl-Space after starting the game? Is it that separate part appears underneath the play script part for u to type in the rest of the code CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("FreeSlaves","GLOBAL",1)
but it does not allow u to copy/paste??? after that do u then need to save it?
Do u have to press Ctrl-Space again to switch it off?

Thanks

Also what about the code for the d'arnisse keep?
so I could get the flail of the ages....

4) The part to enter the sewers near where the eyeless cult is (u should of gotten a key to open the part to get part of the crom Faer)
I cannot find! I have looked everywhere where MAZZY FENTAN was rescued??? Please any ideas on this?

What hint can u give me for the key for this part to b found...? Becos I have already been to every map area I think....and I do not think it is in the watchers keep.

Thanks again!
Old 07-22-2003, 08:04 AM   #8
Sir Exxon
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by TheWiSeFooL:
I've already put Cheats=1 under game options in baldur.ini and saved it
but what do u mean by Ctrl-Space after starting the game? Is it that separate part appears underneath the play script part for u to type in the rest of the code CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("FreeSlaves","GLOBAL",1)
but it does not allow u to copy/paste??? after that do u then need to save it?
Do u have to press Ctrl-Space again to switch it off?
This is what you do:
1. Open the game (d'uh [img]tongue.gif[/img] )
2. Open the console by pressing Ctrl + Space
3. Type in the code (pasting does not work)
4. Press Enter

Quote:
Also what about the code for the d'arnisse keep?
so I could get the flail of the ages....
As I don't have the game installed at this computer, I can't check what that area code is. But what I do remember, is the code for the complete Flail of Ages, if you just want that instead. This is the full CLUA-code:
CLUAConsole:CreateItem("BLUN14")

Quote:
What hint can u give me for the key for this part to b found...? Becos I have already been to every map area I think....and I do not think it is in the watchers keep.
Hint: Do the Windspear Hills quest, and if you already have done it, search closer near the cell where Garren's child was captured.

Quote:
Thanks again!
You're totally welcome.
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2003, 03:34 AM   #9
TheWiSeFooL
Manshoon

~SECRET DUNGEON key~

ok I think I'm gonna give up on the SECRET DUNGEON key (for the CROM Faeyr part in the sewers in the TEMPLE district b4 u get into the cult of the eyeless)

It was either a bug? or I already took the key and dumped it somewhere? or accidentally dropped it for 1 which I thought I'd already used and had no more use for...?
I went back to the WINDSPEAR HILLS a couple of times now (this time I knew about the little handy TAB key to highlight all the areas where u could store things in comes into a light blue...Y was this never actually a tip? or in the manual??? or did i miss it?) the cabin where Garrens child was captured was a the one on the right of 2 cells just b4 u enter the chamber where FIREKRAAG is... I TABBED it and there was only the closet and the table which u could get something out of - I am positive I'd already checked! NOTHING?! [img]redface.gif[/img]

If anyone has the CHEAT for me to get the key pls tell me?
Or can tell me exactly where the key was? or still is???

THANKS
Old 08-20-2003, 06:03 AM   #10
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

The key WAS on the corpse of Tazok--the big, mean-lookin' guy wearing the helmet with the great big horns on it--that you fought right there, in the room just before Firkraag. If you missed it, and it's gone now, there's no way to get it back. You can either:
1) Pretend that you actually did pick it up & put it in your bag, and cheat the key into your game
2) Admit you made a mistake, get over it, forget about seeing what's behind that door, and remind yourself to check bodies more thoroughly on your next game.