Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2002, 01:41 PM   #1
Eoghan Rutledge
Elite Waterdeep Guard

My new party finally killed the mighty Drizzt. As they are extremely novice in their hand to hand abilities, my Mage Xzar had to prove his worth. When i found a wand of monster summoning in the cave near the exit of the Nashkell Mines I was on the verge of selling it as i thought it would be useless however an instinct told me to keep it.
I than used it in the battle against Drizzt.
I never used Monster Summoning much in BG1 but did so all the time in BG2. I assumed the rule of no less than six summoned beasts at once applied to BG1 as well. But after what must have been my 30th wolf and 20th Hobgoblin i finally had enough punch to kill the mighty Drow legend.
Eoghan Rutledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2002, 06:45 PM   #2
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

Actually you don't beat Mr. Drizzt you just killed the Drizzt in Baldurs Gate. BG has some stupid sides like this you can kill Drizzt hahahahahah! In Darksun toO! YOu kill a tarrasque! It's very weird if a low level party can beat Drizzt! He's a hero in world of Forgotten Realms. Computer game programmers just use our greedy side..

Hail Drizzt!
I can feel the touch of wind on my face. Strong wind was slapping my face. I can feel the ground shake. The sky roars with vengeance and fury. From the shadows, I heard the Archmage's words:"İbne Fenner!" And then..I can't remember the rest..
Zoltan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2002, 02:26 AM   #3
Squiggles the Monkey
Elite Waterdeep Guard

How the hell did you manage to kill him i mean hes so damn powerful even against loads and loads of monsters.
Old 08-01-2002, 02:52 AM   #4
The Ozzman
Zhentarim Guard

best cheesy way to do it is trap him on that island north of where he was fighting the gnolls, then have your party way lay him with ranged weapons. Believe it or not when I killed him the 1st time, the person that was doing the most damage was Dynaheir equipped wth a +1 Sling and +2 Bullets. Even though attaining these weapons severly unbalances the games, i understand the allure the weapons have to them. The 2nd time through I was satisfied just pick pocketing the Frostbrand.
Old 08-01-2002, 12:41 PM   #5
Inoma
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Get Jahiera. Kill Jahiera/get her killed. Take her potion of invisibility (she'ved served her purpose now. No need for her anymore, besides, you need Khalid's archery). Get to Drizzt map, put archers on the island with the commoner, get the guy with invisibility potion to talk and attack drizzt, make drizzt follow you to the "beach" or shore or what you'd call it and drink invisibility potion.
Then make the archers fire their bows at him.
Be sure to have good THACO arrows (arrows of piercing works best I think). It'll take alot of time to kill him, but it's worth it.
Oh, and you better be evil, cause his death is a -5 reputation.
<br />Lysander Silverinch, elven Ranger inspired by Kivan.<br />[url]\"http://bgbloodline.netfirms.com\" target=\"_blank\">http://bgbloodline.netfirms.com</a> Team Lead and Design of Baldurs Gate: Bloodline, an unofficial expansion for Baldurs Gate and TSC.
Inoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2002, 07:13 AM   #6
Tormentor
Manshoon

Since i'm solo'ing, i killed drizzt this way...

combined the boots of speed with oil of speed, which makes you much faster then drizzt, used tons of arrows of detonation (which can be bought in the sorcerous sundries), then id started running as a freak and took shots at him, the arrows of denonation did just fine, i think i repeated this procedure for about 20 times, run / shoot / run / shoot etc etc...
Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2002, 10:36 AM   #7
Rimjaw
Red Wizard of Thay

I summoned animals/monsters like crazy and then got Edwin to act as bait running around with my summoned creatures took a bite at Drizzt and the rest of us pelted him with arrows/darts. Eventually somebody would roll a twenty and breach the bastards AC. Rinse and repeat.
Rimjaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2002, 03:17 PM   #8
Eoghan Rutledge
Elite Waterdeep Guard

It wasn't as difficult as one sees it to kill Drizzt or should i say a tarrasque according to the Drizzt loving fanatic (no offense I mean we all need some hero worship from time to time). The wolves that i summoned were in so great a number that damage was being inflicted continuously by them and the hobgoblins i summoned kept a barrage of arrows flying in. I think that Drizzt was taling so much damage from different places that his AI would not allow him to fixate on a single monster to attack and so half the time he stood around doing nothing. Call it pure luck if you will but it was affective and i've reaped the benefits from it for certain.
Eoghan Rutledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2002, 08:16 PM   #9
Tormentor
Manshoon

hobgoblins arrows damaging drizzt? hahaha! i think not!... how is that possible?
Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2002, 08:37 PM   #10
Daniel
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Tormentor:
Since i'm solo'ing, i killed drizzt this way...

combined the boots of speed with oil of speed, which makes you much faster then drizzt, used tons of arrows of detonation (which can be bought in the sorcerous sundries), then id started running as a freak and took shots at him, the arrows of denonation did just fine, i think i repeated this procedure for about 20 times, run / shoot / run / shoot etc etc...
Lol thats my old strategy, I used a much cheaper one this time though with a solo thief. Boots of speed, oil of speed, potion of power for big THAC0 bonus and short sword of backstabbing. Simply run up backstab, runaway again before he gets you back then hide in the shadows and repeat the process, it worked wonders for me [img]smile.gif[/img]
Daniel is offline   Reply With Quote