Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2009, 11:18 AM   #1
Arvon
Unicorn

Default Drakensang

Anyone else playing it? It does have some interesting quest. I have yet to find a place to heal my Battle Mage. But I do have a full party so far.

53.7% of all statistics are made up
Arvon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 07:11 AM   #2
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Default Re: Drakensang

I think there's just me playing it so far. I have an elementalist myself.

The only way I know to heal yourself is to either wait for your life to regen, buy and use the healing spell, use potions, or use the treat wound skill.

It's worth having the treat wound skill, because it,s pretty much the only way to get rid of the "Wound" stat effect. Get four of those and you're dead, no matter how much HP you have left. You don't need too many point in the skill. You can manage with even just one, and with ten or so you'll almost never fail.

Likewise treat poison has close to 50% success chance with even just one point in it, from what I've experienced.
Old 04-06-2009, 04:44 PM   #3
Arvon
Unicorn

I've been stumbling around in town for a few days now. I do have the four members to my party and I've been to all of the murder sites. Is there an amulet at the harbor site? I didn't find one. I got the other two. I was wondering if I should go out of town and build up some experiance or just hang in town.

The game seems to be normal for the type and with very little out there, it's better than nothing.

Old 04-06-2009, 08:15 PM   #4
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

To proceed with the main quest you have to recruit the charlatan, the dwarf, get the two amulets, and talk to the informant twice. To first get in contact with the informant you talk to the guard next to the female guard captain. He'll tell you someone wants to talk to you in front of the church and give you a secret pass phrase.

More sidequests will be unlocked as you progress with the storyline.
Luvian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 11:47 AM   #5
Arvon
Unicorn

I got the two amulets and the informant took one of them.
Where is this charlatan? I have the Amazon, the dwarf, and the girl (thief?/pickpocket/).
I have completed the quest to get the worry stone.
The biggest problem is gaining wealth to buy the stuff I need. I go through barrels but the gains are small and slow. I didn't get a whole lot completing the worry stone quest.

Old 04-07-2009, 10:03 PM   #6
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

The Charlatan is the thief/mage redhead girl. That's what her class is called.

I'm bad with names, but basically what you need to do is follow the cat to the first amulet in the waggoner's home district. Report that.

Then go to the dock district at the murder scene and find the amulet stashed in a barrel. Go inside the bar that is right next to that barrel and talk to everyone. When you leave the serving girl will come over and talk to you. Use all her dialogue choices. Then report again.

Between that go talk to the informant when given the opportunity.

You'll eventually be told there is another person who has an amulet. A stallkeeper in Wagoner's Home. You get there too late and she's been abducted or something like that. The bad guys will leave by the sewers and you have to follow them.

The sewer gate you need to use is in the Waggoner's Home district right next to the bar you had to go to to recruit the charlatan. Get down there and chase the bad guys. You'll have to pick some locks and take alternate paths but eventually you'll leave the sewers and get confronted with the boss of that quest.

That's about how I remember it.

About money. Yeah, items cost a lot at the early levels when getting cash is kind of hard. But the bonuses you get from the items sold at that point are marginal. Along the line of 1d8+1 damage instead of just 1d8. You don't really need to upgrade.

Try to get the Charlatan's pickpocket skill to 12 or so and then pickpocket everyone in town. The only penalty for failing is that you can never pickpocket that particular npc again, and with 12 you will almost never fail. Some of the npcs have lots of money sometimes. Also there are a couple of chests hidden around town.

There's a hidden door in the Wagonner's Home district that takes you to the thieve's guild. You can get a quest from the guildmaster, and he's also got some really expensive items and money on him you can steal. The Duke also when you finally get to meet him is worth pickpocketing.

Last edited by Luvian; 04-07-2009 at 10:08 PM.
Old 04-11-2009, 03:41 PM   #7
Arvon
Unicorn

Yeah I finaly got to the Duke. Didn't try to rip him off though. I found out there is a Temple that provides healing, just haven't found it yet. Where is the clue to the fountain? To solve that puzzle you have to take 5 things taken 5 at a time. Guessing will take too long.

Old 04-11-2009, 04:13 PM   #8
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

The levers thing. I don't remember if there's a clue but it's all down but the first and fourth up. Or maybe it was the third.
Old 04-13-2009, 01:32 PM   #9
Arvon
Unicorn

There's a pretty complete walkthrough for the opening town on gamewinners.com. It's too late for me 'cause you can't go back when you leave. I guess I could start over but it's nor worth it.